Offering a wide range of courses in subjects including science, dietetics and sports, the School of Human Sciences is home to our Science Centre, boasting one of the largest and most advanced science teaching facilities in Europe: the superlab, which houses specialist laboratories for tissue culture research and microbiology, a nuclear magnetic resonance room.
The Science Centre also features a sports therapy clinic and fitness assessment centre. The School is also home to a vibrant research community, which investigates and addresses important scientific challenges.
- Bacteriophage therapy against antibiotic resistant airway pathogenic bacteria
- Immune response underlying the pathophysiology of type 2 diabetes
- Investigating the role of bacteria in type 2 diabetes
- Nutritional and Molecular Evaluation of Malnourished African Children and Efficacy of Dietary Interventions
- The discovery of novel antivirals for human coronaviruses
- Vitamin D & COVID-19, improving health & wellbeing of the London Met community
Please note, candidates may only apply for one project.