Whilst the University buildings are closed, we continue to engage with students digitally and to advertise appropriate work and volunteering opportunities. In addition, we are offering students access to web chat, a programme of webinars and other online learning resources and would be delighted if your organisation would be willing to contribute to this offer. If you wish to support and engage with students in this way, please email email@example.com or use the contact section below.
Working with employers
We can help you to recruit students and graduates to work for your company. With around 10,000 students, London Metropolitan University gives employers access to students from a wide range of backgrounds and subject areas. We offer a free service for employers looking to recruit students for a range of different opportunities including:
- part-time work
- vacation work
- internships and accredited work placements
- graduate roles
- promote your opportunities to students and graduates (for example via our website, one-to-one guidance, email, academic contacts, social media or poster campaigns)
- support you to ensure that information about your vacancy is accurate and compliant with employment legislation
- work with students to make sure they are as well prepared as possible for the world of work
To advertise any vacancies, you can register on our MyCareer website or complete the Contact us form below and a member of the team will get back to you.
We have a talented pool of students with diverse skills who undertake Work Based Learning modules as part of their studies. They can support the work of your company through:
- long or short placements and internships – students can work part-time, flexible hours or full-time to suit your needs
- projects – a student or team of students may work on a project to benefit your organisation; the student(s) may be located on campus or co-located between the organisation and the University – supervision is provided by the University but you will be involved in reviewing progress and deliverables
- volunteering – we can help organisations in the not-for-profit sector recruit volunteers
All that we ask is that the student has a supervisor or line manager who will be prepared to liaise with London Met and give feedback on the student's progress. Please email us for more information.
Graduate skills for employment success programme
A series of connected employer-led workshops and experiences specifically aimed at helping BAME students make successful applications for graduate schemes.
Support for virtual internships
We can provide the infrastructure and advice to create virtual environments for students to gain professional experience.
Work-based learning and in-curriculum activity
Hire students for internships that form part of their degree, plus engage students within the curriculum through virtual talks or recorded content.
We have a free online jobs board, the option to do mail-outs and a new employer stand feature where students can 'visit' your stand online.
We have a pool of recent graduates who are available immediately. We have a bespoke stream of communication and events to help you hire them.
We can advertise, pre-screen, shortlist and arrange interviews. This method can be used to remove barriers to entering large organisations experienced by some of our students and to remove resource pressures on smaller organisations.
Virtual fairs and employer events
We have moved all activity which was previously on campus online for the remainder of the calendar year. We have adapted these events to increase the level of value for students and employers in the virtual environment. Dates of events for the academic year 2021/22 will be published shortly.
An established programme that enables CPD for your staff and the opportunity to make a difference to students, as well as talent spot.
We have seen strong engagement with our employer webinars in recent months and have spaces available to engage graduates over the summer and during the next academic year.
If you would like to get involved in any of these activities, please refer to our Code of Practice: Employers .
To request a call from our Employer Engagement Team in order to discuss your needs, please complete the form below. You can also contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.