It's important to find somewhere safe, affordable and comfortable to live in a new city, so we're here to give you a comprehensive guide to student housing in London.
Coming to university and living in a major city like London is an exciting prospect and it's important to find somewhere safe, affordable and comfortable to live.
We aim to give you a comprehensive guide to student housing in London, including:
- finding accommodation in external student halls of residence
- searching for private rented accommodation (flat shares, whole flat and house rentals)
- finding single-semester and short-stay accommodation, including homestay and hotels and bed and breakfasts (B&Bs)
- living in private rented accommodation
- advice about summer accommodation
- landlord services including opportunities for landlords and agents to advertise accommodation to our students
For specific questions, refer to our contact page for telephone, email and address details. If you'd prefer to talk to someone in person, we operate a drop-in service Monday to Friday during term time at both the Aldgate and Holloway Hubs, 9.30am until 12.30pm (last drop-in entry at 12.10pm). We also operate appointments from 2pm to 3.30pm Monday to Friday. During the summer we operate on an appointments-only system (mornings and afternoons).
Drop-ins operate on a first-come first-served service, with each drop-in lasting a maximum of 20 minutes. As advisers can only see a certain number of students during each drop-in session, it is advisable to arrive as early as possible. If you arrive late or the maximum number of students has been seen, you will be referred to the next drop-in session or asked to make an appointment.
Please scroll through the sections below by clicking on the navigation bar arrows to the bottom left of the page.
Please note: London Metropolitan University does not own or manage any halls of residence or accommodation. All halls and accommodation featured on this site are privately owned, therefore applications must be submitted directly to the hall provider. Details of how to do so appear at the bottom of each individual hall page.