Dr. Priyanka Ganguly is a lecturer of analytical chemistry at our School of Human Sciences.
More about Dr. Priyanka Ganguly
Priyanka received her PhD in Nanotechnology from the Institute of Technology Sligo, Ireland, in 2021 and later spent her postdoctoral time at the University of Glasgow as a Marie Curie researcher. Prior to that she completed her Integrated M.Tech in Nanotechnology from Central University of Jharkhand in 2016 and worked at the National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST), Trivandrum, for more than 18 months as a master's project trainee.
Priyanka has authored and co-authored more than 30 research articles and presented in several international and national conferences. She has garnered citations of more than 1,000 in less than five years of her research career.
She also received the Institute of Chemistry of Ireland Postgraduate Award in 2020 and Kathleen Longsdale Chemistry RIA prize of 2022.
Priyanka's teaching interests lie in analytical sciences and chemistry in general.
She is particularly interested in improving the practical skills and also to enhance the hands-on experience for students with practical examples and applications relevant for industry and research environment.
Her research interests include the synthesis and characterisation of nanomaterials for various energy and environmental applications such as electrochemical sensors, physical sensors, supercapacitor devices, ink formulation for printed electrodes and photocatalytic applications.
Priyanka teaches in the following areas:
- advanced material science
- inorganic chemistry
- analytical chemistry
- spectroscopic techniques
- Padmanabhan, N. T., Ganguly, P., Pillai, S.C., John, H. (2021). Morphology Engineered Spatial Charge Separation in Superhydrophilic TiO2/graphene Hybrids for Hydrogen Production. Materials Today Energy, 17, 100447. Impact factor: 7.31
- Padmanabhan, N. T., Thomas, N., Louis, J., Mathew, D.T., Ganguly, P., Pillai, S.C., John, H. (2021). Graphene coupled TiO2 photocatalysts for environmental applications: A review. Chemosphere, 271, 129506. Impact factor: 7.07
- Seyedhosseini, E., Dervin, S., Ganguly, P., and Dahiya R., S., (2020) Biodegradable sensors for healthcare and body monitoring. ACS Appl. Bio Materials. 4, 163–194,
- Ganguly, P., Kumar R, S., Muscetta, M., Padmanabhan, N. T., Clarizia, L., Mathew, S., Akande, A., Hinder, S., John, H., Breen, A., & Pillai, S. C. (2020). Experimental and DFT insights of ternary chalcogenides composites of TiO2 for efficient charge transfer. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 282, 119612. Impact factor: 19.50
- Mathew, S., Ganguly, P., Rhatigan, S., Kumaravel, V., Byrne, C., Hinder, S., & Pillai, S. (2020). Effect of chalcogens (S, Se, and Te) on the anatase phase stability and photocatalytic antimicrobial activity of TiO2. Materials Today: Proceedings.
- Ganguly, P., Mathew, S., Clarizia, L., Kumar R, S., Akande, A., Hinder, S., Breen, A., & Pillai, S. C. (2020). Ternary Metal Chalcogenide Heterostructure (AgInS2–TiO2) Nanocomposites for Visible Light Photocatalytic Applications, ACS Omega, 5, 1, 406–421. Impact factor: 3.51
- Ganguly, P., Harb, M., Cao, Z., Cavallo, L., Breen, A., Dervin, S., Dionysiou, D.D., & Pillai, S. C. (2019). 2D Nanomaterials for Photocatalytic Hydrogen Production. ACS Energy Letters, 4, 1687–1709 Impact factor: 23.10
- Ganguly, P., Mathew, S., Clarizia, L., Kumar R, S., Akande, A., Hinder, S., Breen, A., & Pillai, S. C. (2019). Theoretical and experimental investigation of visible light responsive AgBiS2-TiO2 heterojunctions for enhanced photocatalytic applications. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 253, 401-418. Impact factor: 19.50
- Byrne, C., Moran, L., Hermosilla, D., Merayo, N., Blanco, Á., Rhatigan, S., Hinder, S., Ganguly, P., Nolan, M. and Pillai, S.C., (2019). Effect of Cu Doping on the Anatase-to-Rutile Phase Transition in TiO2 Photocatalysts: Theory and Experiments. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 266-276. Impact factor: 19.50
- Ganguly, P., Breen, A., & Pillai, S. C. (2018). Toxicity of Nanomaterials: Exposure, Pathways, Assessment, and Recent Advances. ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 4(7), 2237-2275. Impact factor: 4.74
- Mathew, S., Ganguly, P., Rhatigan, S., Kumaravel, V., Byrne, C., Hinder, S., ... & Pillai, S. (2018). Cu-Doped TiO2: Visible Light Assisted Photocatalytic Antimicrobial Activity. Applied Sciences, 8(11), 2067. Impact factor: 2.67
- Ganguly, P., Byrne, C., Breen, A., & Pillai, S. C. (2017). Antimicrobial activity of photocatalysts: fundamentals, mechanisms, kinetics and recent advances. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental. Impact factor: 19.50
- Suyana, P., Ganguly, P., Nair, B. N., Mohamed, A. P., Warrier, K. G. K., & Hareesh, U. S. (2017). Co3O4–C3N4 p–n nano-heterojunctions for the simultaneous degradation of a mixture of pollutants under solar irradiation. Environmental Science: Nano, 4(1), 212-221. Impact factor: 8.13
- Panneri, S., Ganguly, P., Mohan, M., Nair, B. N., Mohamed, A. A. P., Warrier, K. G., & Hareesh, U. S. (2017). Photoregenerable, bifunctional granules of carbon-doped g-C3N4 as adsorptive photocatalyst for the efficient removal of tetracycline antibiotic. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 5(2), 1610-1618. Impact factor: 8.19
- Panneri, S., Thomas, M., Ganguly, P., Nair, B. N., Mohamed, A. P., Warrier, K. G. K., & Hareesh, U. S. (2017). C 3 N 4 anchored ZIF 8 composites: photo-regenerable, high-capacity sorbents as adsorptive photocatalysts for the effective removal of tetracycline from water. Catalysis Science & Technology, 7(10), 2118-2128. Impact factor: 6.11
- Panneri, S., Ganguly, P., Nair, B. N., Mohamed, A. A. P., Warrier, K. G. K., & Hareesh, U. N. S. (2017). Role of precursors on the photophysical properties of carbon nitride and its application for antibiotic degradation. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 24(9), 8609-8618. Impact factor: 4.22
- Bhamore, J. R., Ganguly, P., & Kailasa, S. K. (2016). Molecular assembly of 3-mercaptopropinonic acid and guanidine acetic acid on silver nanoparticles for selective colorimetric detection of triazophos in water and food samples. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 233, 486-495. Impact factor: 7.46
- Panneri, S., Ganguly, P., Nair, B. N., Mohamed, A. A. P., Warrier, K. G., & Hareesh, U. N. S. (2016). Copyrolysed C3N4‐Ag/ZnO ternary heterostructure systems for enhanced adsorption and photocatalytic degradation of tetracycline. European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2016 (31), 5068-5076. Impact factor: 2.52
- Dervin, S., Ganguly, P., and Dahiya R., Disposable electrochemical sensor using Graphene oxide – chitosan modified carbon-based electrodes for the detection of tyrosine. IEEE Sensors Impact factor: 3.07
- Mukherjee, R., Ganguly, P., and Dahiya R., Bioinspired Distributed Energy in Robotics and Enabling Technologies. Advanced Intelligent Systems(Just accepted)
- K., M., Ganguly, P., Mathew, S., Kumaravel, V., and Pillai, S.C. (2020) TiO2 based Z-scheme photocatalysts for energy and environmental applications Solar Cell Engineering, Elsevier, 2021, 257-282 (Book chapter)
- Ganguly, P., Clarizia, L., (2020). Photocatalytic hydrogen production over semiconductor-based materials: Book chapter for Elsevier
- Pillai, S.C. and Ganguly, P. (2020). 2D Materials for Energy Storage and Conversion (Book editors) for IOP Publishing Ltd
- Mathew, S., Ganguly, P., Kumaravel, V., Bartlett, J., and Pillai, S.C. (2019) Solar light-induced photocatalytic degradation of pharmaceuticals in wastewater treatment, ISBN: 978-0-12 818598-8 (Book chapter)
- Ganguly, P., Breen, A., & Pillai, S. C. (2019). Cytotoxicology studies of 2-D Nanomaterial; Toxicity of Nanomaterials in the Environment, CRC Press. ISBN: 9780429265471 (Book chapter)
- Ganguly, P., Panneri, S., Hareesh, U. N. S., Breen, A., & Pillai, S. C. (2018). Recent advances in Photocatalytic Detoxification of water; Nanoscale Materials in Water Purification, ISBN: 9780128139264 (Book chapter)
Dr Priyanka Ganguly
Lecturer in Analytical Chemistry