You’ll find specific entry requirements for your course on our online course pages.
For most courses you’ll need to hold a Level 3 qualification, meaning you’ll need to have at least one of these combinations of qualifications (or equivalent):
- two GCE A level or Vocational A level passes; or
- three GCE A level or Vocational A level passes; or
- five passes in the Scottish Qualifications Certificate, of which two are at Higher grade or passes in four subjects, all of which are at Higher grade; or
- a pass in an Access course recognised by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) and designed to provide a preparation for higher education; or
- a pass in a foundation course in art and design validated by Edexcel; or
- the award of the Diploma of the International Baccalaureate; or
- a pass of 60% in the European Baccalaureate; or
- the Irish Leaving Certificate with passes at grade C or above in five subjects; or
- the award of an Edexcel QCF Diploma or Certificate
Visit the relevant online course page for specific subjects or grades you might need. In some cases other qualifications certified by the admissions tutor as being of equivalent standard will also be accepted.
We normally require two passes at GCSE (or equivalent) at grade C/grade 4 (for applicants sitting GCSEs post-2017) or above for English Language and, where required, Maths.
You can find more information about overseas qualifications in our international section.