Entry requirements for undergraduate study
For most courses you'll need to hold at least one of these combinations of qualifications:
In most instances, three passes at GCSE level or equivalent at Grade C or above including English Language and where required Maths, and:
- two GCE A level or vocational A level passes
- three GCE A level or vocational A level passes
- five passes in the Scottish Certificate of Education, of which two are at higher grade or passes in four subjects all of which are at higher grade
- a pass in an access course recognised by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) and designed to prepare students for higher education
- a pass in a Foundation course in art and design validated by Edexcel
- the award of the Diploma of the International Baccalaureate - minimum 28 points
- a pass of 70% in the European Baccalaureate
- the Irish Leaving Certificate with passes at grade C or above in five subjects
- the award of an Edexcel National Diploma or Certificate
- the successful completion of the 14-19 Diploma with 80 or more UCAS points
See our course pages for the specific subjects or grades you might need. In some cases other qualifications certified by the admissions tutor as being of equivalent standard will also be accepted.
You can also find information about overseas qualifications in our international section.