Transferring to London Met from a different university

If you’re currently studying at another university and would like to transfer to London Met you’ll be pleased to know that many of our undergraduate courses accept students into the courses’ second and third years. This is called advanced entry. 

Am I eligible to transfer to London Met?

A student’s eligibility for advanced entry will be assessed by our academic staff on an individual basis and will be based on the following:

  • compatibility of the modules/grades of your previous study against your chosen London Met course and its modules
  • analysis of the transcripts of your first and/or second year studies. (Please note that no decision will be made on your application until we receive a copy of the transcripts of your previous study (or, if you are still yet to complete this study, a partial transcript including details of all outstanding modules)
  • quality of your academic reference and personal statement

Our main intake of transferring students is in September, when we consider applicants for advanced entry. We also offer some courses in January but advanced entry is limited.

If you want to start at London Met in September you need to apply through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). For part-time study, or if you’d like to start a full-time course at the University in January, you should apply online directly to us.

Please contact our our enquiries team if you have any questions.

How to apply

Funding information for prospective undergraduate students

Helpful information

View our undergraduate courses

Transfer on to one of our courses, with subjects ranging from business and law to humanities, art and design.

Attend one of our open days

Find out about our facilities, meet students and staff, and get a feel for what it's like to study in one of the world's most exciting capitals.

Term dates

Find out all the key dates for your diary in advance, from start days and holidays to those all-important exam periods.

Find accommodation in London

Our Accommodation Bureau is here to help you find a safe, affordable and comfortable home in the capital.


Wondering how to check the progress of your application? Need to defer your offer? We've got the answers.