English language requirements

To study at London Met you must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. Our requirements vary depending on the course – please check our English language requirements for undergraduate, postgraduate, International Foundation Programme and research courses below. If you require a student visa you may also need to provide a Secure English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS or TOEFL iBT.

Do I need a Secure English Language Test (SELT)?

Find out whether you need to take a SELT and get answers to other frequently asked questions relating to Secure English Language Tests on our SELT pages.

Pearson Test of English (PTE)

Please note we no longer accept the online version of Pearson Test of English (PTE), this has to be completed in person to be considered.