London Met has been providing education at the heart of London since 1848. The Outreach and Widening Participation team continues the University's outreach work of over one-and-a-half centuries, as part of the University's enduring commitment to social responsibility and justice.
Today, London Met is one of the most socially inclusive universities in the UK – 55% of our students are from a minoritised background, 82% are mature students and 13% have a known disability. More information is available on our Access and Participation Plan (2020-25), approved by the Office for Students.
Our Outreach team supports schools, colleges and adult learners through activities and programmes that promote achievement and progression into higher education.
Our Widening Participation team also runs specific events for students who:
- are/have been in local authority care
- are estranged from their families
- are young adult carers
- have a specific disability or specific learning difficulty
- are/have been eligible for free school meals
- neither of whose parents attended university