For less than a year of its existence the Cyber Security Research Centre finished its initial period of establishment as an educational and research unit of the School of Computing and Digital Media and completed its first projects with industrial significance. Three main projects with external funding shaped the work of the Centre during this period:
- logical analysis of the security vulnerability in cross-channel banking operations, funded by Lloyds Banking Group (Project Leader: Dr Vassil Vassilev)
- fraud analysis in digital banking, funded by Callsign (Project Leader: Prof Karim Ouazzane)
- Beacon-based authentication services for voice-controlled devices, funded by UK Government DCMS (Project Leader: Dr Vassil Vassilev)
Two more consultancy projects are about to start in the beginning of 2019:
- user testing of voice-controlled devices in digital banking, funded by Lloyds Banking Group (Project Leader: Dr Vassil Vassilev)
- threat intelligence modelling for predictive analytics, funded by Lloyds Banking Group (Project Leader: Dr Jun Li)
Several other projects with industrial partners of the Centre are in different stages of preparation and will be announced soon. Technical support for the work of the Centre was provided by big vendors of hardware and software equipment such as Cisco, Amazon, Oracle and Hortonworks.