The Cyber Security Research Centre runs several long-term research programmes:
- Fraud Detection (Leader: Prof Karim Ouazzane)
- Threat Intelligence (Leader: Prof Karim Ouazzane)
- Vulnerability Analysis (Leader: Dr Vassil Vassilev)
- Security by Design (Leader: Dr Vassil Vassilev)
- Behavioural Security Analytics (Leader: Dr Jun Li)
- Signal Processing for Information Security (Leader: Prof Hassan Kazemian)
These programmes span across several technological areas – cloud, big data, internet of things and network security and involve cutting-edge methods of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Currently the Centre provides supervision of 15 PhD students and employs five full-time post-doc researchers and four part-time developers.