The Cyber Security Research Centre runs several long-term research programmes:
- Biometric Authentication - Dr. Anthony Phipps
- Transaction Fraud Detection - Prof. Karim Ouazzane
- Network Intrusion Detection - Dr. Sharam Salekzamani
- Threat Intelligence - Prof. Karim Ouazzane
- Penetration Testing - Dr. Mohamed Ghanem
- Vulnerability Analysis - Prof. Vassil Vassilev
- Risk Assessment - Prof. Vassil Vassilev
- Video Surveillance - Dr. Pawel Gasiorowski
- Feature Engineering - Prof. Karim Ouazzane
- Evacuation Planning - Prof. Vassil Vassilev
These programmes span across several technological areas – cloud, big data, internet of things and network security and involve cutting-edge methods of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Currently the Centre provides supervision of 15 PhD students and employs five full-time post-doc researchers and four part-time developers.
Visit our other pages:
Cyber security strategies
Local cloud architecture for security analytics