‘Understanding Lambeth’s LGBTQI+ Communities in Times of Coronavirus: A Mixed Methods Study’, an event organised by the Global Diversities and Inequalities Research Centre.
Launch of Research Report and Photographic Exhibition: Understanding Lambeth’s LGBTQI+ Communities in Times of Coronavirus: A Mixed Methods Study
On behalf of the Global Diversities and Inequalities Research Centre, London Metropolitan University, you are invited to attend the launch of our research report and photographic exhibition.
Our mixed-methods LamQ+ study, consisting of three research approaches – a survey, Photovoice workshops and a focus group – identified the needs of Lambeth’s large LGBTQI+ communities, especially within the challenges posed by the COVID-19 and lockdowns.
The photographic exhibition specifically represents the experiences of Black, Asian and other minoritised communities who have been under-represented in previous studies of LGBTQI+ people.
The report authors are: Louise Ryan, Donna Jones, Karyofyllis Zervoulis, Cinar Aydogan and Anna Jakobczak.
Where: London Metropolitan University, Aldgate Campus, please come to the Goulston Street entrance
How to get there: Closest tube station is Aldgate East, five minutes' walk away.
- 6pm: Arrival reception and viewing of exhibition
- 7pm: Welcome and Introduction of the team: Kelly Cooper Deputy Dean of the School of Social Sciences and Professions, London Metropolitan University
- Presentation of the key findings and recommendations: Professor Louise Ryan
- Panel discussion and Q&A
- Councillor Sonia Winifred, Cabinet Member for Equalities, Lambeth Council
- Chris French, Chair Lambeth Links
- Eloise Stonborough, Associate Director of Policy and Research, Stonewall
- Aisha Shuaibu, Head of Community Engagement, UK Black Pride
- Nicole Cyrus, co-researcher on the project
The event will end by 9pm
Please note that upon arrival you will need to demonstrate a negative COVID-19 test completed in the last 72 hours.
You can order your free testing packs of rapid lateral flow tests to be sent to your home.
The event is free but prior booking on Eventbrite is essential to secure entry. Because space at the venue is limited, please book by 13 October as places are likely to fill up quickly.
Information about the project can be found on our LamQ+ pages.
The Global Diversities and Inequalities Research Centre is a home for interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary scholarship that explores migration, diasporas, nations, regions and localities through the lenses of diversity and inequality.
Launch of Research Report and Photographic Exhibition: LamQ+
Wednesday 20 October 2021, 6pm to 9pm
16 Goulston Street
Nearest Tube: Aldgate/Aldgate East
Book a ticket to the Launch of Research Report and Photographic Exhibition on Eventbrite