Dr Daniel Sykes is a senior lecturer in inorganic chemistry, and also serves as course leader for Chemistry BSc (Hons).
Dr Daniel Sykes
Dr Daniel Sykes is a senior lecturer for Inorganic Chemistry and Chemistry course leader. He holds a PhD, MChem (Hons), PGCert, FHEA, and MRSC.
- Inorganic chemistry
- Metal complexes
- Science communication/widening participation
- Ad hoc reviewer for Dalton Transactions and Royal Society of Chemistry Advances
- Cell imaging using multi-photon excitation of dual emissive d-f hybrids, Elizabeth Baggeley, DK Cao, Daniel Sykes, Stanley Botchway, Julia A. Weinstein and Michael D. Ward. Chem Eur. J., 2014, 20 (29), 8898-8903
- Sensitisation of Eu(III) and Tb(III)- based luminescence by Ir(III) units in Ir/lanthanide dyads: evidence for energy transfer and electron transfer based mechanisms operating in parallel, Daniel Sykes, Ahmet J. Cankut, Noorshia Ali, Andrew Stephenson, Steven J. Spall, Simon C. Parker, Julia A. Weinstein and Michael D. Ward, Dalton Trans., 2014, 43, 6414-6428
- d-f Energy transfer in Ir(III)/ Eu(III) Dyads: Use of a Naphthyl Spacer as a Spatial and Energetic “Stepping Stone”, Daniel Sykes, Simon Parker, Igor V. Sazanovich, Andrew Stephenson, Julia A. Weinstein and Michael D. Ward, Inorg. Chem., 2013, 52(18), 10500-10511