Clearing is now closed and we're no longer accepting applications for courses starting in September 2023. Still looking to start a degree this academic year? Some of our courses are available to start in January. Browse our January courses now.
Following this guidance when Clearing is open:
If you didn’t get the grades you were expecting, don’t worry, there's no need to panic. Follow this guidance if you’re from the UK, or if you’re from the EU and have settled or pre-settled status, and you haven’t met the entry requirements for the course you originally applied for.
What to do if you didn’t get the necessary grades:
1. Before calling us, you need to log into the UCAS Hub and check your offers. If you've been unsuccessful and you've been released into Clearing this will be clear when you log in.
2. Browse our available courses – or use the Clearing course finder below to search for a course.
3. Ready to apply? Make sure you have the following information ready:
- your UCAS number
- your exam results
- your personal details (telephone number, email address and date of birth)
- the name of the London Metropolitan University course you wish to study or the field of study you are interested in
4. Complete our online Clearing application form or call our Clearing hotline and we'll talk to you about your options and guide you through the application process. International applicants, including EU applicants who do not have settled or pre-settled status in the UK, should read our information for international students.
5. If we make you an offer over the phone you'll receive confirmation by email. This will provide instructions about what to do next: you will need to log on to the UCAS Hub and enter London Metropolitan University as your Clearing choice. Our UCAS institution code is L68.
6. Once we've received your details from UCAS we'll confirm your offer and you'll be sent your joining instructions by email. This may take up to 48 hours.
7. Follow any instructions our advisers give you and relax. Once we've confirmed your place you can begin to look forward to enjoying university life in London.
Some of our best students have joined London Met through Clearing. We pride ourselves on the help and support we offer our students to maximise their potential throughout their university life. If you want to study in London, we hope you'll choose to study with us.
Haven't yet applied or changed your mind about the university you've applied to?
If you haven't yet applied to university for this autumn or you're looking to change universities, the guidance here isn't quite right for you – take a look at our frequently asked questions.
Hear from one of our students
"Clearing is a battle of emotions inside – you’re upset because you didn’t get the grades you wanted, you’re further upset because you didn’t get into the uni you wanted to go to… and you’re wondering what you’re going to do with the next three years of your life. I then came to see London Met over the summer, way after all the other unis – and that’s when I realised I should have applied here instead. I chose this uni mainly because of the course and the really impressive lab."
Sophia Allwood – Biomedical Science student
Search for an undergraduate course
Helpful advice to guide you through the Clearing process
A Clearing guide for parents
Parents worry about university too. Read our university advice in this complete parent guide to Clearing at London Metropolitan University.
Choosing a degree course
Choosing a university course can be a hard decision. Read London Met's advice page for all the info you need to help you choose a course that's right for you!