As creativity becomes increasingly sidelined in the UK education system, this free public event will feature key speakers that challenge this trend by working to inspire and engage young minds. The speakers will include:
- Dominic Wilcox designer and director of Little Inventors that has seen children’s inventions around the world realised by professional model makers and engineers.
- Professor Daniel Charny is founding director of the international Fixperts and Fixcamp, a series of intensive summer camps for 9-14 year olds merging design, engineering and creativity in its broadest possible sense.
- LEGO Education provides a continuum of hands-on playful learning tools that engage every pupil's natural curiosity, and help them develop the skills and confidence they'll need in the future.
This public event is hosted by Peter Marigold – designer and visiting professor at The Cass, London Metropolitan University. It takes place during Celebration Week, an annual opportunity for students to present to panels of expert critics.
Previous events in this design series have been highly successful and very well attended by the public and press. The series has included:
- Kickstarter for creatives with presentations from Peter Marigold, Heather Cocoran (Kickstarter), Oscar Lhermitte (Sidekick Creatives), Max Frommeld and the Cass Starters group of graduates.
- London Design Studios with presentations by three of some of London’s most prominent design studios: Raw Edges, Glithero, Gareth Neal.