If you're thinking about taking trainee teachers, why not explore our partnership options?
Our school partners regularly employ the trainees that they have helped to train, either through our university-led PGCE courses or our employment-based Graduate Teacher Apprenticeship. This is a great way to revitalise your school and develop your own workforce.
Benefits of working with us
- Our outcomes and employment rates are well above national average – many of our programmes achieve 100% completion and 100% employment, often in the schools they trained in. This could be your new ECT!
- We offer competitive payments for training placements, with a variety of different levels of engagement from the school.
- We offer free training to the mentors working with us, from basic introductions up to our master’s level advanced mentoring programme.
- We offer a lot of advice and support in choosing and setting up your programmes, including working with professional coordinating mentors who can undertake our master’s level Leading Mentoring and Teacher Development programme.
- Our assessment and documentation procedures are straightforward to use.
- We're developing a strong informal CPD sharing programme.
- Our Graduate Teacher Apprenticeship is one of the biggest and most successful in the country. We work with partners all across London and beyond.
- Our trainees benefit from our strong links with a range of partner organisations including the English and Media Centre, STEM Learning, the Association for Science Education (ASE), the National Numeracy Challenge, Now Teach, Nasen, Newcastle University VEO Project, York University ‘Teacher Selection Project’, the National Education Union (NEU) and NASUWT The Teachers' Union, the Universities Council For The Education Of Teachers (UCET), MillionPlus, Chartered College of Teachers, plus subject and phase specific associations. These partnerships are used to inform the training that our students receive and the development of our programmes.
Get in touch
Our partnership offer allows for a range of different levels of involvement and commitment.
For more information about the different options and financing for a trainee, or if you would like to sign up, you can contact ITEPlacements@londonmet.ac.uk.