The Board of Governors has delegated authority to a number of committees which report to the Board. These include the University’s Academic Board, a committee which the University’s Articles of Association require the Board of Governors to establish.
The terms of reference (ToR) and membership of the Board’s subcommittees are given below:
- Academic Board - ToR
- Audit Committee - ToR
- Finance and Resources Committee - ToR
- Governance Committee - ToR
- Standards and Enhancement Committee - ToR
- Employment, Enterprise and Research Outcomes Committee - ToR
- Awards Board - ToR
- Academic Portfolio Committee - ToR
- Remuneration Committee - ToR
- Health and Safety Committee ToR
The committees in the list above are serviced by the University Secretary’s Office, apart from the Awards Board, which is serviced by external examiners and assessment, the Academic Portfolio Committee and Collaborative Provision Committee, which are serviced by the Academic Quality and Development team, and the Research Ethics Committee, which is serviced by the Casework Office.
The following diagram illustrates our committee structure: