Dr Hou's main research interest is in the area of ordinary differential equations and dynamical systems.
Dr Zhanyuan Hou
Dr Zhanyuan Hou is a senior lecturer and holds a PhD (title of the thesis: A Class of Functional Differential Equations of Mixed Type), a MSc (stability theory of ordinary differential equations), a BSc (equivalent), and a Postgraduate Certificate of Teaching in Higher Education.
- London Mathematical Society
Dr Hou's main research interest is in the area of ordinary differential equations and dynamical systems. In particular, he has been interested in asymptotic and qualitative behaviour of differential equations arising from ecological and biological models and qualitative theory of autonomous systems. Dr Hou is currently working on global asymptotic behaviour of discrete and continuous biological systems.
Publications since 2009
- Z Hou, Global attractor in competitive Lotka-Volterra systems, Mathematische Nachrichten, 282, No. 7, (2009) 995 – 1008.
- Z Hou, Vanishing components in autonomous competitive Lotka–Volterra systems, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 359 (2009) 302–310.
- Z Hou, Geometric method for a global repellor in competitive Lotka_Volterra systems, Nonlinear Analysis 71 (2009) 3587-3595.
- Z Hou, On permanence of all subsystems of competitive Lotka-Volterra systems with delays, Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications 11 (2010) 4285-4301.
- Z Hou, Permanence and Extinction in Competitive Lotka-Volterra Systems with Delays. Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications 12 (2011) 2130–2141.
- Z Hou and S. Baigent, Fixed point global attractors and repellors in competitive Lotka-Volterra Systems. Dynamical Systems, Vol. 26, No. 4, December 2011, 367–390.
- Z Hou, Asymptotic behaviour and bifurcation in competitive Lotka-Volterra systems. Applied Mathematics Letters 25 (2012) 195–199.
- Z Hou, Oscillations and limit cycles in competitive Lotka-Volterra systems with delays. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Method and Applications, 75 (2012) 358–370.
- S Baigent and Z Hou, Global stability of interior and boundary ﬁxed points for Lotka-Volterra systems, Diﬀ. Eq. Dyn. Syst., 20 (2012), 53–66.
- Z Hou, On permanence of Lotka-Volterra systems with delays and variable in- trinsic growth rates, Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, 14 (2013), 960–975.
- Z Hou and S Baigent, Heteroclinic limit cycles in competitive Kolmogorov systems, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems (A), Volume 33, Number 9, September 2013, pp. 4071–4093.
- Z Hou, Permanence, Global Attraction and Stability, part I of the book “Recent Development of Lotka-Volterra and Related Equation”, Verlag Walter de Gruyter, Berlin (2013).
- Z Hou, Permanence criteria for Kolmogorov systems with delays, Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinburgh, Volume 144A (2014), pp. 511–531.
- Z Hou and S. Baigent, Global stability and repulsion in autonomous kolmogorov systems, Communications on Pure and Applied Analysis, Volume 14, Number 3, May 2015, pp. 1205-1238.
- S Wu, P S Calay and Z Hou, Oscillation criteria for a class of nonlinear neutral differential equations, Advances in Difference Equations, 2015:154 doi:10.1186/s13662-015-0493-8.
- S Wu, P S Calay and Z Hou, Oscillation criteria for a class of higher odd order neutral difference equations with continuous variable, Advances in Difference Equations, 2015:166 doi:10.1186/s13662-015-0508-5.
- S Baigent and Z Hou, Global stability of discrete-time competitive population models (submitted in September 2015).
Tel: +44 (0)20 7133 4582