Tim Scott is a Senior Lecturer in Primary Education and Co-course Leader for the BA Hons Primary Education. He holds Masters degrees in English Literature and in Education. He is a doctoral candidate at the Institute of Education, UCL, researching links between Neoliberalism and the modes of thinking prioritised by the English state education system.
Prior to this, he worked in primary schools in London for over twenty years in a variety of roles, including teaching, senior leadership, consultancy and Local Authority positions. Since his involvement in the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority’s Creativity in the Curriculum project in 2004, he has been fascinated by creative thinking.
Tim teaches three modules for London Met's Primary Education BA (Hons), Education BA (Hons) and Education MA.
- Teachers, Learners and Schools in the 21st Century
- From Elementary Schooling to 'Good' Primary Practice
- Inclusion, Education and Inequalities
- Critical Theory in Education
The modules all combine an understanding of how the educational system has been shaped by historical forces with an exploration of contemporary issues. Ultimately, they suggest models for an education system fit to meet the demands of the future.
- Scott, T (2022) ‘Displacements’ (Winner of Magma Editors’ Prize). Magma, July issue
- Scott, T (2022) ‘The Form of an Armoured Car’ and ‘Dali’s Telephone and the Liberal Left’. Wild Court, July
- Scott, T (2022) ‘It Took the Whole of Irish History to Make Me Anything but Irish’ and ‘Whatever You Say’. Shearsman, April Issue
- Scott, T (2022) 'The Faber Book of Urban Foxes, Shards and Celtic Crosses.' Aesthetica Creative Writing Award Anthology
- Scott, T (2021) 'Gun (Belfast 1974)' (Commended, Magma Editors’ Prize)
- E Hargreaves and T Scott (forthcoming). Look No Further: Inquiring into Learning-Needs as Professional Development. In E Hargreaves and L Rolls, ed, Unlocking Research: Rethinking Professional Development and Learning (Routledge)
- Scott, T (2018) What H Prays For, Waltham Forest International Poetry Competition
- Scott, T (2018) Permutations of H’s Head, Waltham Forest International Poetry Competition
- Scott, T (2016) Looking for a teaching job? Here’s how to avoid a dysfunctional school, The Guardian
- Scott, T (2016) Secret Teacher: becoming an academy destroyed my school, The Guardian
- Scott, T (2001) National Schools Film Week, Times Educational Supplement
- Scott, T (2001) Give it your best shot, Times Educational Supplement
- Scott, T (1999) Stairway to heaven, Times Educational Supplement
Lecturer in Primary Education