Dr Sarah Atchia is a senior lecturer in Biosciences (Biomedical Science) with the School of Human Sciences.
Dr Sarah Atchia
Dr Sarah Atchia has a degree in Microbiology and Genetics from University College London. Her PhD was carried out at London Metropolitan University in microbiology/toxicology and she has taught at the university for over 25 years. She has also taught at other institutions including Kings College London and Trinity College Dublin.
- Obioha, P.I., Ouoba, L.I.I., Anyogu, A. Awamaria, B., Atchia, S., Ojimelukwe, P.C., Sutherland, J.P., & Ghoddusi, H.B. (2021). Identification and characterisation of the lactic acid bacteria associated with the traditional fermentation of dairy fermented product. Braz J Microbiol.
- R Thurman, A Athanasopoulos, M Allan and S Atchia. 2001. Bottle Wars: England versus Scotland versus France. Int. J. Food Sci. and Nutrition 53, (3):209-16.
- Smith T, Corcoran M C, Atchia S M and Williams G A 1993. Glycosylation of yeast microsomal proteins: preliminary characterization studies. Biochem Soc Trans 21(4):410S.
- S Atchia, P McAthey, A Searle and I Rowland. 1991. Effect of a-tocopherol on tetrachloromethane induced toxicity and cytochrome P450 activity in yeast. Mutagenesis 6 (5) 443.
- S Atchia, P McAthey, A Searle and I Rowland. 1991. Analysis of cytochrome P450 production in petite mutants of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mutagenesis 6 (5) 442.