Natthinee is a senior lecturer in business and management at our Guildhall School of Business and Law.
More about Dr. Natthinee Thampanya
Natthinee completed her master's degree in Finance and Investment (MSc) from the University of Greenwich and achieved her PhD in Finance at Leeds Beckett University.
She joined London Metropolitan University in September 2021 as a senior lecturer in business and management.
Natthinee's teaching focuses on using, understanding and managing data.
- Asymmetric Correlation and Hedging Effectiveness of Gold & Cryptocurrencies: From Pre-industrial to the 4th Industrial Revolution; paper presented at International Conference on the Contemporary Issues in Finance, Trade and Macroeconomy, Istanbul, Turkey. 4-5 April 2020.
- Spot-Futures Price Relations Under Heterogeneous Market Mechanisms: New Evidence from Bayesian VAR; paper presented at Applied Research International Conference on Business & Economics (ARICBE 2019), Cambridge, UK. 18-19 November 2019.
- Determinants of Stock Return Volatility in Southeast Asian Markets; paper presented at 4th European Conference on Banking and the Economy (ECOBATE 2016), University of Winchester, UK. October 2016.
- Determinants of Stock Return Volatility in Southeast Asian Markets; paper presented at 7th International Research Meeting in Business and Management (IRMBAM – IPAG), Nice, France. 11-12 July 2016.
- Outstanding PhD thesis in 2018, the National Research Council of Thailand. PhD thesis titled Stock Return Volatility in Southeast Asian Market.
- Best paper (Accounting, Finance and Economics), Faculty of Business and Law Doctoral Student Symposium 2016, Leeds Beckett University, UK. Paper titled Determinants of Stock Return Volatility in Southeast Asian Markets.
- Thampanya, N., Wu, J. and Cowton, C. (2021). Carbon neutrality targets, optimal environmental management strategies & the role of financial development: New evidence incorporating non-linear effects and different income levels. Journal of Environmental Management, 297, 113352.
- Thampanya, N., Nasir, M.A. and Huynh, T.L.D. (2020). Asymmetric correlation and hedging effectiveness of gold & cryptocurrencies: From pre-industrial to the 4th industrial revolution. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 159, 120195.
- Thampanya, N., Wu, J., Nasir, M.A. and Liu, J. (2020). Fundamental and behavioural determinants of stock return volatility in ASEAN-5 countries. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 65, 101193.
Dr Natthinee Thampanya
Senior Lecturer in Business and Management