More about Dr Christina MacNeil
Christina has an MBA from City University Business School, an MSc in International Human Resource Management from the Management School at Queen Mary University and a PhD in International Human Resource Management from Brunel Business School.
Christina has a strong background in human resource management (HRM), business development, management consultancy and academic. As a fully qualified academic, She has a particular interest in international HRM, talent management and diversity.
Christina has a wide range of teaching activity, including course and module leadership in International HRM and Organisational Behaviour.
Her role includes:
- Student pedagogy
- Designing and developing new Undergraduate and Postgraduate modules and programmes
Christina has research interests in gender diversity in professional service firms. In particular, social capital, social networks, gender exclusion, women expatriates and talent management.
- “Gender exclusion from expatriate assignments and the trajectory to global roles “. Presented at the British Academy of Management Conference 5 September 2023.
- “Cultural capital gains and losses: Overcoming the Unencumbered male performance standard for career progression to global Partner positions” Presented at the British Academy of Management Conference 3 September 2022.
- “Women expatriates, social capital, and senior management networks: Career transition to global partner roles in the Professional Service Firms.” Presented at the British Academy of Management Conference 2 September 2021.
Christina holds the following partnerships/memberships:
- Engagement partner in the North London CIPD professional branch
- Member of the British Academy
- Member of the University HRD Forum
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
Dr Christina Mary MacNeil