London Met’s next Newsweek, which is open to all, will explore student mental health and what we can do about it.
Date: 19 November 2021
The next Newsweek from London Met is set to explore student mental health in and after Covid; whether and why it is declining, and what we can do about it.
Newsweek is a series of events run as part of the University's journalism course, which sees students produce magazines, online blogs, and television and radio programmes focused on a topical issue over the course of a week. This session will take place on 25 January, 5 - 7pm.
An expert panel will join to debate and discuss this important topic, comprised of:
- Nkasi Stoll, Co-Founder, Black People Talk CIC
- Yannick Yalipende, Founding Director Black People Talk CIC
- Aaron Patel, Mental Magazine Editor-in-Chief and London Met alum
- Sarah Richardson, Head of Student Services, London Met
- Sean Fletcher, journalist, presenter and ambassador for Young Minds mental health charity
- Amara Howe, Advocacy and Mental Health Specialist Recruiter
Sign up for a free place at the event on Eventbrite.
Please note that to enter the event, you will need to do a lateral flow test, report it to the NHS, and show the confirmation email on your phone.