Please note: This information is provided as a guide only. Some courses may have specialised entry requirements that are listed on the relevant course page. Please check for any additional subject/course specific requirements before submitting your application.

Academic entry requirements

Type of course


Undergraduate Bachillerato, Bachillerato Tecnólogo, Bachillerato Técnico, Preparatoria Técnica. Grades 7 or above or Bien, Muy Bien or Excelente
Four-year degree including a foundation year

Students who fall slightly below the standard requirements for an undergraduate course may be considered for an available or appropriate foundation year degree programme.


Any of the following qualifications from a recognised institution:

Licenciatura or Título Profesional (over four years or longer). Grades  8, 9, 10 or Bien, Muy Bien or Excelente. 

International Foundation Programme

Bachillerato, Bachillerato Tecnólogo, Bachillerato Técnico, Preparatoria Técnica

Grade: 6 or 7 or Aprobado or Suficiente

Mathematics and English requirements



English Applicants who require a student visa must provide a Secured English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS or Pearson PTE Academic qualification. Please see our English language requirements.
Mathematics (if applicable to your course) Bachillerato (or equivalent) – grades 6+ Aprobado, Suficiente, Muy Bien or Excelente in final year

Applying from Mexico

Everything you need to know about applying to study with us from Mexico, including details on how you can meet us in your own country and get in touch with local representatives.

Find out more

Additional information

‌ENIC and accreditation

UK ENIC offers a variety of services on the comparability of qualifications from overseas. These services have been designed to help migrants coming to the UK to work or study and who are applying through the UK’s points based system for immigration. Take a look at the Statement of Comparability from ENIC. 

Providing your qualifications

Please be sure you're able to provide copies of official certificates of any qualifications you have taken when you make your application (please do not send us your original certificates). If any of your certificates or supporting documents (transcripts) are in a non-English language you will need to provide certified English translations alongside any official copies.