Please note: This information is provided as a guide only. Some courses may have specialised entry requirements that are listed on the relevant course page. Please check for any additional subject/course specific requirements before submitting your application.

Academic entry requirements

Type of course



Francophone – Foundation required
Brevet de Technicien Supérieur or Diplôme Universitaire de Technologie minimum / average score 12-20 on scale of 0-20

Baccalauréat/Baccalauréat de Technicien with minimum/average between 14-20 on a scale of 0-20

Anglophone schools will do O and A levels considered equivalent to UK O and A levels.

Four-year degree including a foundation year

Students who fall slightly below the standard requirements for an undergraduate course may be considered for an available or appropriate foundation year degree programme.


Licence, Bachelor's or Diplôme d'Etudes Superieures de Commerce (DESC) or Diplôme d'Ingénieur.

Grade: Minimum/average score of 12-20 on a scale of 0-20

2.2 minimum in Anglophone system or University of Buea. 

International Foundation Programme

Baccalauréat/Baccalauréat de Technicien 

Grade: minimum/average between 12-20 on a scale of 0-20

Mathematics and English requirements



English Applicants who require a student visa must provide a Secured English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS or Pearson PTE Academic qualification. Please see our English language requirements.
Mathematics (if applicable to your course) Baccalauréat/Baccalauréat de Technicien – grade 12 out of 20

Additional information

‌ENIC and accreditation

UK ENIC offers a variety of services on the comparability of qualifications from overseas. These services have been designed to help migrants coming to the UK to work or study and who are applying through the UK’s points based system for immigration. Take a look at the Statement of Comparability from ENIC. 

Providing your qualifications

Please be sure you're able to provide copies of official certificates of any qualifications you have taken when you make your application (please do not send us your original certificates). If any of your certificates or supporting documents (transcripts) are in a non-English language you will need to provide certified English translations alongside any official copies.