Full details aren't currently available for this course – please check back in early 2022 for term dates, fees and application information.
Why study this course?
Today's organisations are challenged with rapidly detecting cyber security breaches and effectively responding to security incidents. Teams of people in Security Operations Centres (SOCs) keep a vigilant eye on security systems, protecting their organisations by detecting and responding to cyber security threats.
More about this course
The Palo Alto Cyber Security Essentials course will provide you with a full understanding of the fundamental elements of cyber security and cover the general security concepts involved in maintaining a secure network environment. You will learn the nature and scope of today's cyber security challenges, strategies for network defence, as well as detailed information about next-generation cyber security solutions. You will also deploy a variety of security methodologies as well as technologies and concepts used for implementing a secure network environment.
You will be assessed by in-class chapter tests, final theory and practical exams.
This is one out of three modules, which leads to the Palo Alto Networks Certfied Cyber Security Associate (PCCSA) certification.
Fees and key informationApply now
You'll be required to have:
- a reading-age level (RAL) of 13
- basic computer literacy and awareness of the internet
- prior experience with computer hardware, cabling, binary math and basic electronics (this is desired, but not required)
You're also required to have a Windows-based PC or laptop with internet connection if you want to study the material outside of the University premises.
PaloAlto Cyber Security Essentials
Classes take place on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6pm to 9pm in Room T6-05, Tower Building, Holloway Road.
March 2020 Timetable
week beginning 16 March
- Chapter 1 Course Introduction, Welcome to PA Cybersecurity Essentials
- Chapter 2 Security Operating Platforms
- Chapter 3 Network Security
- Chapter 4 Endpoint Protection
- Chapter 5 Cloud Security
week beginning 23 March
- Chapter 6 Application Framework and Logging Service
- Assessments/ Retakes 27 March
PA Cyber security essentials December 2019 timetable
week beginning 2 December 2019
- 0. Course Introduction, Welcome to PA Cyber Security Essentials
- 1. Security Operating Platforms
week beginning 9 December 2019
- 2. Network Security
- 3. Endpoint Protection
week beginning 6 January 2020
- 4. Cloud Security, Chapter Tests, Tutorials and Labs
week beginning 13 January 2020
- 5. Application Framework and Logging Service (1)
- 5. Application Framework and Logging Service (2)
week beginning 20 January 2020
This schedule is for guidance only. On the first day of each semester your instructor may provide you with the detailed schedule, however the start and end date of the course will not be changed.
How to apply
Apply for this course
Please select when you would like to start: