We have a talented pool of students with diverse skills who undertake work-based learning modules as part of their studies.
Benefits of taking students on for work-based learning (WBL)
Get involved and benefit from students undertaking work-based learning with your company. Our placement providers report that some of the benefits include:
- an extra pair of hands at no extra cost
- meeting skills shortages – grow your own workforce
- students can dedicate their time to a project or area of work directly related to your business
- obtain fresh ideas and perspectives to working practices and challenges
- two-way knowledge transfer between industry and the University
- an extended evaluation period for a potential new employee
Placements can be offered as a physical or virtual work-based learning experience.
All that we ask is that the student has a supervisor or line manager who will be prepared to liaise with London Met and give feedback on the student’s progress.
All placements are approved by the work-based learning team. We ask for employers to have Employer Liability Insurance in place before taking on a student and we check that health and safety considerations and risk assessments are in place.
For more details please email the Work Based Learning team.
To request a call from our engagement team in order to discuss your needs, please complete the contact form below.