London Metropolitan University has adopted the model publication scheme for public authorities approved by the Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner has issued a definition document to assist universities in interpreting the model publication scheme. Public authorities are meant to use the model publication scheme and the relevant definition document to produce a guide to the information which they publish.
The categories of information in our Guide to Information are structured according to the sections in the model publication scheme:
- who we are and what we do
- what we spend and how we spend it
- what our priorities are and how we are doing
- how we make decisions
- our policies and procedures
- lists and registers
- the services we offer
London Metropolitan University’s Guide to Information.
If any information does not appear to be listed in our Guide to Information, please contact the University’s Information Compliance Officer (see below) or make a Freedom of Information Act request.
Information the University may not disclose
There are some grounds on which the university may refuse to provide information. These include:
- where (under the Data Protection Act) we are required to maintain the confidentiality of personal information
- when the cost of providing the information – locating, retrieving and extracting the information requested – exceeds £450
- where the information being requested is commercially confidential or is otherwise exempt from release under the Freedom of Information Act.
Most of the information contained in the Guide to Information can be downloaded from our website free of charge. Where information is provided in hard copy form, the University does not normally make a charge for the minor costs of disbursements. However, where disbursements (such as printing, copying and postage) are significant, the University does reserve the right to make a charge to cover its actual administrative costs. If this is the case, the University will issue an appropriate fees notice to the requesting individual before the information is provided.
Information Compliance Officer
University Secretary’s Office
London Metropolitan University
166-220 Holloway Road
Tel: +44 (0)20 7133 4137