Fiona has been teaching in inner London schools for 15 years. This has provided her with comprehensive experiences in a wide range of roles and responsibilities including coordinator for literacy and art, EAL Specialist, Trainee and NQT Mentor, Key Stage leader and a senior leader.
Against that background of studying and teaching in London, Fiona enjoys her work at London Met confident that it prepares a wide range of trainees to teach in and become part of London’s dynamic, super-diverse community.
- BA QTS Classical Art and Drama
Teaching and Interests
- Senior lecturer: Early Years/Primary PGCE
- Responsible for teaching and learning on the Early Years /Primary PGCE course
- Additional responsibilities for Mathematics and Humanities across the Early Years /Primary phase
- Further responsibilities include tutoring students and giving supportive guidance in all aspects of school placements as well as academic assignments
- Further contributions include teaching on the Bed Early Years Teaching course
ITE Early Years Teacher