Senior London Met academic named as one of the world's top CSR Leaders
Dr Samuel O Idowu has been named on the '101 Most Impactful Corporate Social Responsibility Leaders' list.
Date: 17 December 2018
Dr Samuel O Idowu, course leader for Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability MSc and Advanced Diploma Professional Development, has been named on the ‘101 Most Impactful Corporate Social Responsibility Leaders’ list.
The list is compiled by the Word Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Congress who are a not-for-profit body who organise the annual meet with the objective of learning and development, networking and recognising leaders who have contributed value to the profession or their organisation and make a difference.
Being named on the list is considered a great achievement in the CSR field as nominations are made by peers across the globe and vetted by a CSR advisory board.
“I am delighted to be recognised as having made some impact in the field of CSR,” Dr Idowu commented.
“This honour, and the one I received in Cologne on 15 November, 2018 belong to London Met, my employer for almost two decades, and my publisher, Springer International, too.
“I’d like to say a big thank you to all the fantastic individuals I have been fortunate to work with in CSR since 2003.”
Dr Idowu will be recognised at the World CSR Day scheduled to be held in February 2019 in Mumbai, India.
The advisory board who decide the recipients of the list are:
- Professor Indira Parikh, former Dear of the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Dr Harish Mehta, Chairman and Managing Director of Onward Technologies Ltd
- Dr Arun Arora, former President and CEO of the Economic Times
- Dr Prasad Medury, Partner in Amrop India Consultants Private Ltd
- Nina E Woodard, President of Nina E Woodard & Associates
- Dr R L Bhatia, Founder of World CSR and World Sustainability Congress