In order to study on our study abroad programme:
- you should be enrolled as an undergraduate or postgraduate student in a non-UK university and have completed at least a year at undergraduate level or a semester at postgraduate level
- you should be in good academic standing, with a Grade Point Average of 2.7 or higher or a minimum C grade average or higher (for non-GPA grading systems)
- if you are a non-native speaker of English you should have an English language certificate such as IELTS 6.0 with at least 5.5 in each component or Cambridge Advanced or Cambridge Proficiency Certificate with grade C or above or an institutional test such as an Institutional TOEFL or those offered by DAAD. If you are taught in English for your degree then you do not have to provide further evidence of language ability.
To apply you'll need to complete the relevant application form and select the modules you would like to study.
Study abroad Bachelor's programme
Study abroad Master's programme
We will email you the application form once you have been nominated by your home university.
Submitting your application
Once you are ready to submit your application, let us know at one of the following email addresses and we will send you a link where you can upload your application securely:
You will need to include the following along with your form:
- a university academic transcript of grades
- a copy of your Bachelor's degree certificate (if applying for postgraduate study)
- a copy of your passport details page
- proof of English language ability (if not from a majority English-speaking country)
Your application will not be processed without all of the required documentation, including the module form. Please make sure you write your date of birth in a UK format ie day/month/year (not month/day/year). Please inform the Study Abroad Office if you change your address after sending us your application.
Autumn semester or full academic year: 15 August
Spring semester: 15 November
We will email you to confirm your application has been received. Once an admissions decision has been made, we will email you with the result of your application and programme information. Meanwhile, please take a look at our visa requirements and other pre-departure information.
Study abroad programme
Undergraduate: For students applying independently, the standard undergraduate fee is £6,072 per semester or £12,144 for one year.
Postgraduate: Dependent on course – fees are charged per module (typically £1,530 to £1,590 each). Please see the fees box on the individual course pages.
If your university has a study abroad partnership with London Metropolitan Univesrity, please contact your university's international office for details of costs.