In order to study on our study abroad programme:
- you should be enrolled as an undergraduate or postgraduate student in a non-UK university and have completed at least a year at undergraduate level or a semester at postgraduate level
- you should be in good academic standing, with a Grade Point Average of 2.7 or higher or a minimum C grade average or higher (for non-GPA grading systems)
- if you are a non-native speaker of English you should have an English language certificate such as IELTS 6.0 with at least 5.5 in each component or Cambridge Advanced or Cambridge Proficiency Certificate with grade C or above or an institutional test such as an Institutional TOEFL or those offered by DAAD. If you are taught in English for your degree then you do not have to provide further evidence of language ability.
To apply you'll need to complete the relevant application form and select the modules you would like to study.
Submitting your application
Once you are ready to submit your application, you will need to attach the following to your form:
- a university academic transcript of grades
- a copy of your bachelor's degree certificate (if applying for postgraduate study)
- a copy of your passport details page
- proof of English language ability (if not from a majority English-speaking country)
- If you are applying for a bachelor's level study abroad with internship programme then you will also be required to provide a curriculum vitae (CV) and a covering letter
Your application will not be processed without all of the required documentation. Please make sure you write your date of birth in a UK format ie day/month/year (not month/day/year) and that your module choices include the module code and title. Please inform the Study Abroad Office if you change your address or email after sending us your application.
Autumn semester or full academic year: 15 August
Spring semester: 15 November
We will email you to confirm your application has been received. Once an admissions decision has been made, we will email you with the result of your application and programme information. Meanwhile, please take a look at our visa requirements and other pre-departure information.
To apply for a bachelor's level study abroad programme, please select the correct application form
To apply for a master's level study abroad programme, please select the correct application form
To apply for a bachelor's level study abroad with internship programme, please select the correct application form:
To apply for a bachelor's exchange programme, please select the correct application form
To apply for a master's exchange programme, please select the correct application form
Study abroad programme
Undergraduate: For students applying independently, the standard undergraduate fee is £6,376 per semester or £12,752 for one year.
Postgraduate: Dependent on course – fees are charged per module (typically £1,805 to £1,875 each). Please see the fees box on the individual course pages.
If your university has a study abroad partnership with London Metropolitan University, please contact your university's international office for details of tuition costs. If a non-partner university would be interested in establishing a study abroad agreement with us then please contact us on email@example.com (Europe) or firstname.lastname@example.org (rest of world).
The exchange programme is only for nominated students of partners with which we have a bi-lateral free exchange agreement.
British Universities Transnational Exchange (BUTEX) is a membership organisation with an elected executive committee. Their mission is to promote British education internationally, to facilitate collaboration and regular exchange of information between their members, to develop expertise and to influence the future of international education.
The Scholarship is open to all undergraduate students who are affiliated to a BUTEX Full Member institution. The value of each scholarship is £500 and will be paid to the winners once they have arrived and registered at their host university.
You may be affiliated as an incoming or an outgoing study abroad student.
To be eligible to apply:
Provisions of the award
Applicants are not permitted to submit more than one entry which can be a poster, a vlog or a blog. Also remember to check that the study abroad placement is eligible for this award.
By entering the BUTEX scholarship competition applicants agree to the BUTEX Administrator contacting their BUTEX institution to confirm registration at the host institution. If awarded a scholarship, you agree to provide a photograph of yourself together with a short statement about the benefits of studying abroad. Please note, this may be used by BUTEX for future publicity. Winners will be notified by the end of October.
Only successful applicants will be notified. The decision of the BUTEX selection committee is final and BUTEX will not correspond with unsuccessful applicants.