Please note: This information is provided as a guide only. Some courses may have specialised entry requirements that are listed on the relevant course page. Please check for any additional subject/course specific requirements before submitting your application.

Academic entry requirements

Type of course


Undergraduate Any one of the following qualifications:
  • Curso de Orientación Universitaria (COU)
  • Título de Bachillerato (Sometimes known as LOGSE – high school Leaving exams
  • Selectividad (also known as PAU: Preueba de aceceso a la universidad / university entrance exams)
  • Técnico Especialista (Formación Profesional – segundo grado)
  • Técnico Superior (new system) (both equate to BTEC ND)

An overall average of 7 (notable)

Extended degree (four years, including a foundation year) Students who fall slightly below the standard requirements for an undergraduate course may be considered for an available or appropriate extended degree programme.
Postgraduate Licenciado, Título de Ingeniero or Título de Arquitecto with a minimum of 6.5 (in old system) or 1.5 or more (in new system)
International Foundation Programme COU or Bachillerato or Selectividadwith with a minimum overall average of 6.5/bien

Mathematics and English requirements



English Non-EEA nationals who require a Tier 4 student visa must provide a Secured English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS or Pearson PTE Academic qualification. Please see our English language requirements.
Mathematics (if applicable to your course) BUP/Graduado en Educación Secundaria or a Graduado en Educación Secundaria Obligatoria (ESO) with grade 6*
Additional information

‌NARIC and accreditation

UK NARIC offers a variety of services on the comparability of qualifications from overseas. These services have been designed to help migrants coming to the UK to work or study and who are applying through the UK’s points based system for immigration. Take a look at the Statement of Comparability from NARIC. 

Providing your qualifications

Please be sure you're able to provide copies of official certificates of any qualifications you have taken when you make your application (please do not send us your original certificates)If any of your certificates or supporting documents (transcripts) are in a non-English language you will need to provide certified English translations alongside any official copies.