Moving to London to study is exciting but there's a lot to organise before you set off. Here you'll find out all about applying for a student visa, including how to obtain your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).

Please note, the Sponsored Student visa route is mainly for full-time courses though some part-time courses may also be permissible.

Part-time study on a student visa is only available for postgraduate study at RQF Level 7 or above. For example, you cannot study a part-time undergraduate degree on a student visa. Furthermore, as a part-time student on a student visa, you are not allowed to take part in work placements through or at the University, and this may limit the course options available to you. For example, if a work placement is an integral part of the course you will not be able to study on it on a part-time basis. Please also be aware that you will not be allowed to work in your free time or bring dependants with you, so it is important you are prepared to fund your studies without working in the UK.