Please note: This information is provided as a guide only. Some courses may have specialised entry requirements that are listed on the relevant course page. Please check for any additional subject/course specific requirements before submitting your application.

Academic entry requirements

Type of course



We would normally expect students to have completed a recognised foundation programme, or passed the first year at a recognised university with good grades.

Chinese University/College Entrance examination (A level equivalent) – over 60%

Four-year degree including a foundation year

Students who fall slightly below the standard requirements for an undergraduate course may be considered for an available or appropriate foundation year degree programme.


A four-year bachelor's degree from a high-ranking Chinese institution 

Grade: 70% or above 

A three-year diploma from a high-ranking Chinese institution 

Grade: 80% or above and at least one year’s relevant work experience.  

International Foundation Programme

A completed Year 12 (High School Diploma)

Grade: 60% or above

Mathematics and English requirements



English Non-EEA nationals who require a Tier 4 student visa must provide a Secured English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS or Pearson PTE Academic qualification. Please see our English language requirements.
Mathematics (if applicable to your course) A pass in Mathematics on the High School Diploma in year 11 or year 12. Grade: 80% or above. 

Applying from China

Everything you need to know about applying to study with us from China, including details on how you can meet us in your own country, get in touch with local representatives and hear from our Chinese alumni about their London Met experience.

Find out more

Additional information

‌ENIC and accreditation

UK ENIC offers a variety of services on the comparability of qualifications from overseas. These services have been designed to help migrants coming to the UK to work or study and who are applying through the UK’s points based system for immigration. Take a look at the Statement of Comparability from ENIC. 

Providing your qualifications

Please be sure you're able to provide copies of official certificates of any qualifications you have taken when you make your application (please do not send us your original certificates). If any of your certificates or supporting documents (transcripts) are in a non-English language you will need to provide certified English translations alongside any official copies.