Please note: This information is provided as a guide only. Some courses may have specialised entry requirements that are listed on the relevant course page. Please check for any additional subject/course specific requirements before submitting your application.

Academic entry requirements

Type of course



A completed High School Diploma from the following region with the indicated grades/scores:

  • Alberta: 50% or above in five subjects
  • British Columbia: 60% or above in five subjects 
  • Manitoba: Five credits at 300 level AND 56% in four subjects
  • New Brunswick: 60% or above in six subjects at grade 12
  • Newfoundland: 65% or above in six subjects at 3,000 level
  • North West Territories: 50% or above in five subjects at grade 12
  • Nova Scotia: 50% or above in five subjects at grade 12
  • Ontario: 60% or above in six 4U or 4M courses
  • Prince Edward Island: 60% or above in five subjects at grade 12
  • Quebec: The Diplome d'Etudes Collgiales (DEC) awarded after two years of study at a College D'enseignement General et Professionnel (CEGEP) is acceptable and is marked on a percentage scale with 60% as the lowest pass mark
  • Saskatchewan: 65% or above in five subjects at grade 12
  • Yukon Territories: A minimum of five grades Cs' at grade 12
Four-year degree including a foundation year

Students who fall slightly below the standard requirements for an undergraduate course may be considered for an available or appropriate foundation year degree programme.


A completed bachelor's degree with Honours, from a recognised institution.

Grade: GPA of 5.5 or 68% (9 point scale) or GPA of 2.3 or 62% (4 point scale). 

International Foundation Programme N/A.  

Mathematics and English requirements



English Applicants who require a student visa must provide a Secured English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS or Pearson PTE Academic qualification. Please see our English language requirements.
Mathematics (if applicable to your course) We would normally expect students to have complete mathematics as part of the their High School Diploma. Please see the undergraduate requirement indications above for the minimum score required in for each region.

Applying from Canada

Everything you need to know about applying to study with us from Canada, including details on how you can meet us in your own country, get in touch with local representatives and hear from our Canadian students and alumni about their London Met experience.

Find out more

Additional information

‌ENIC and accreditation

UK ENIC offers a variety of services on the comparability of qualifications from overseas. These services have been designed to help migrants coming to the UK to work or study and who are applying through the UK’s points based system for immigration. Take a look at the Statement of Comparability from ENIC. 

Providing your qualifications

Please be sure you're able to provide copies of official certificates of any qualifications you have taken when you make your application (please do not send us your original certificates). If any of your certificates or supporting documents (transcripts) are in a non-English language you will need to provide certified English translations alongside any official copies.