Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

A Confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is an electronic record that confirms London Metropolitan is sponsoring you for a Student visa, if you need a Student visa for your course, you will need a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS).

In order to begin the CAS request process you will need to pay a deposit of 50% of your tuition and have accepted an unconditional offer of study for your main academic course. Please do not make any deposit payment to the university until we have requested a deposit payment from you.

How to obtain your confirmation for acceptance for studies (CAS)

You will need to meet all the conditions of your academic offer of study within the deadlines

You will be asked to pay your deposit after meeting the conditions of your offer as part of the application process. For most students this will be an initial deposit of 50% of the first year's fees to obtain the unconditional offer and a CAS for your visa application.

When the university receive confirmation of your payment, your unconditional offer of study will be issued and you will receive an email from  inviting you to create an account to officially start the CAS process.

There are several methods of payment available to you. Please read our important payment information and ways to pay to choose your payment method and read associated information. Sponsored students or scholarship winners should also read this information to confirm the information needed to waive the deposit requirement and to confirm your sponsorship in your CAS request. If you have not done so already, please make your deposit payment.

Applicants at the admission stage should be making arrangements to be issued a CAS, whether it is the financial requirements or tuberculosis (TB) Test, we strongly advise starting the process as early as possible to arrive in time for the International Orientation week.

When the unconditional offer is issued, you will receive an email from asking you to create an account, you will be required to complete all tabs and upload satisfactory documents to obtain your CAS.

Your CAS will be issued once the University is satisfied that your visa application will be successful. At that point, you will be invited to check your draft CAS.

The review of your draft CAS is your chance to tell us if there are any errors or omissions on your student record before we create your final CAS. You will be contacted when your draft CAS is available to view. At this point you must log into the "My Immigration information" in the Applicant Portal to view and confirm whether your details are correct. You will be required to confirm them to us on screen.

When your draft CAS is issued you should ensure that you check the following details:

  • your personal details (eg your full name should appear as it is listed on your passport)
  • your passport details (your passport number and nationality)
  • your course information (title, course dates and level of study)
  • your tuition fee information, including what you have paid
  • your qualification details (institution(s) names, subject(s) and result(s)/grade(s)
  • the start and end date of your course

Please note: We may also contact you to provide further information or documentation as part of the CAS process. If you receive an additional information request relating to your CAS, please respond to this with the utmost urgency, as failing to do so may delay the issue of your CAS.

After receiving your final CAS, you should complete and submit the visa application as soon as possible. What do you need to submit your application:

  • Complete the Student visa application form
  • Valid passport, it must be the same document listed in your CAS if you have dual nationality please seek advice from the International Advice team
  • Satisfactory financial documents (if applicable)
  • Qualifications used to get the offer of study, these will be listed in your CAS
  • Valid TB test (if applicable)
  • ATAS certificate (if applicable, it will be listed in your conditional offer)
  • If your documents are not in English or Welsh, the document need to be officially translated

Contact us

If you have a question or need help with your CAS, you can contact our CAS processing team or international student advice team.

CAS processing queries:
Visa advice:

Please always give your name and student ID when contacting the University.

Other helpful resources

United Kingdom Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA)
United Kingdom Home Office – applying for a Student (previously Tier 4) visa