Our Study Abroad Diversity Scholarship is open for applications to all international undergraduate students applying to our Study Abroad programme. This scholarship includes a £1,500 tuition fee reduction for one semester.
In order to meet the criteria, you must:
- be an international student who has applied to our Study Abroad programme
- be a current undergraduate student
- have a minimum GPA of 2.7 (out of 4) or equivalent
- be from an underrepresented background
Restrictions and exemptions
The scholarship will only be available in form of a tuition fee reduction. It cannot be offered as a cash reward and it is only valid for one semester. This scholarship cannot be combined with any other London Met scholarships and tuition fee discounts. The scholarship cannot be deferred. If you choose to defer to another semester you will need to reapply for the scholarship.
How to apply
All applicants must complete and submit the application form below for consideration by the scholarship panel by the given deadlines. The University will aim to inform all candidates if their application has been considered successful one month prior to the programme start date. All unsuccessful candidates will be written to after this date.
- For autumn semester: 15 June
- For spring semester: 5 November
As part of your application, you must submit a 500-word essay including:
- evidence of how you represent diversity in Study Abroad
- evidence of commitment to your programme of study
- an explanation of how you will engage with and contribute to the University community
- an explanation of how the award will benefit you financially
If you have any questions about your eligibility or are having difficulty applying, please contact the University's study abroad team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the scholarship conditions you will be required to undertake the following activities for the London Met Study Abroad office:
- represent your home institution at the London Met Study Abroad Fair (if applicable)
- complete a student profile for the London Met study abroad team and contribute programme reviews to online sites as required
- represent London Met at your home institution on return from your study abroad period
Being awarded with a scholarship does not automatically confirm your study abroad place with us. You will still need to go through the study abroad application process and meet all academic and visa compliance requirements as outlined under how to apply for entry. You will need to comply with the conditions listed above.
At a glance
|Open to:||International students applying to our Study abroad programme|
|Studying at level:||Undergraduate degrees (study abroad)|
|The information on this page applies to the following academic years (as indicated):||2020-21|