International Students House and London Metropolitan University would like to welcome applications from American students who are considering a full-time master's course in the UK.
The scholarship will offer up to six eligible students free accommodation in London and tuition at London Met for the duration of their programme of study.
To be considered you will need to meet all of the applicable selection criteria and submit your application by 1 July 2020.
If you are successful in your application for the scholarship, benefits include:
- one year's free accommodation at International Students House (ISH): a single room, fully furnished, inclusive of specified household bills and Wi-Fi
- one year's postgraduate tuition at London Metropolitan University
- living costs stipend (for exceptional circumstances only and determined by the scholarship panel)
- travel to/from the UK
In order to meet the criteria, you must:
- be a US, Nepalese or Indian citizen and resident in respectively the United States of America, Nepal or India
- be able to demonstrate financial need
- have graduated or be expected to graduate with an applicable bachelor's degree of first class classification by 14 August 2020
- have applied for a full-time master's at London Metropolitan University beginning in September 2020
- have accepted an unconditional offer of admission for the academic year 2020–21
- have IELTS 6.5 (minimum) unless English language exemption applies (as it does for the majority of English-speaking nationals)
- be available to start academic studies at London Metropolitan University by 25 September 2020 – no deferral to a subsequent academic year will be permitted
- be aged 18 or above when you enrol at London Metropolitan University
- be able to satisfy current UK immigration requirements
Restrictions and exemptions
The 2020–21 scholarship is only available for prospective full-time postgraduate students from the USA, India and Nepal who have applied for a full-time master's offered by one of the following schools at London Metropolitan University:
- School of Human Sciences
- School of Social Professions
- School of Social Sciences
- The Sir John Cass School of Art, Architecture and Design
- Guildhall School of Business and Law
- School of Computing and Digital Media
How to apply (you can apply for the scholarship from 1 April 2020)
All applicants must complete and submit the application form for consideration by the scholarship panel by 1 July 2020. The University will aim to inform all candidates if their application has been considered successful by 1 August 2020. All unsuccessful candidates will be written to after this date.
To apply for the International Students House and London Metropolitan scholarship scheme, you need to complete the online application form and submit it by 1 July 2020.
The University must support and validate your application for it to be considered by the scholarship panel.
If you have any questions about your eligibility or are having difficulty applying, please contact the University's international team by emailing email@example.com.
International Students House and London Metropolitan University are hoping to provide scholarships that represent a wide range of University courses and academic abilities, with all applications being treated equally under the Equality Act.
At a glance
|Maximum value:||Award covers accommodation and postgraduate tuition fee|
|Open to:||International applicants (US, Nepalese and Indian citizens only)|
|Studying at level:||Postgraduate (a full-time master's)|
|The information on this page applies to the following academic years (as indicated):||2020/21|