Dr Wendy Bloisi
Dr Wendy Bloisi
Wendy is currently the Head of Academic Partnerships in the Guildhall School of Business and Law and is responsible for developing new partners and maintaining existing partnerships. Through this role she is expertly placed to research in the area of Transnational Education (TNE).
Wendy had a background in hospitality management and training and development before moving into higher education.
Her research has combined her knowledge of the hospitality industry with bullying and negative behaviour at work and she was awarded a PhD from the University of Manchester, UK.
Wendy has contributed to the teaching and development of numerous courses both at Post Graduate and Undergraduate level and has developed modules in Organisational Behaviour, Management, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship and Research Methods. She has led successful reviews and validations for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses for the School of Business and Law both in the UK and internationally. Wendy also chaired numerous validation panels for the Quality Enhancement Unit at the University and has been a reviewer for the QAA.
Wendy has considerable international experience as she has responsibility for collaborative partnerships and business links in the Guildhall School of Business and Law where she oversees projects operating internationally in Germany, Thailand, Italy, Spain, Greece, Netherlands, China, Nepal, Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates, Ghana, Russia, Vietnam and Iran.
Wendy has written two text books which support her teaching, both of which have an international reputation: “Management and Organisational Behaviour” and “An Introduction to Human Resource Management”, published by McGraw-Hill.
Wendy also acts as a reviewer for several scholarly peer reviewed journals and continues to research into negative work practices and transnational education.
Wendy has subject expertise in Organisational Behaviour, Human Resource Management and Hospitality Management at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. She has expertise in PhD supervision and research in International. education as well as bullying and negative behaviour at in the workplace.
- Messenger, H. Warren, D and Bloisi, W. (2016) Home and Away: a case study analysis of a learning and teaching programme supporting the development of a ‘transformative’ partnership with a private HEI in Sri Lanka, IHETL Volume 7, University Partnerships for Academic Program and Professional Development
- Bloisi, W., Hoel, H and Zapf. (2012) Dishing up abuse: The socialisation process in the normalisation of abusive work practices in commercial kitchens, International Journal of Hospitality Management (In Press)
- Bloisi, W and Hoel, H. (2008) The Expectation of Abusive Work Practices and Bullying Among chefs: A review of the literature, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 27 (4), 649-656.
- Bloisi, W. (2007) Introduction to Human Resource Management, Maidenhead: McGraw-Hill.
- Bloisi, W. Cook, C and Hunsaker, P (2007) Management and Organisational Behaviour, 2nd Edition, Maidenhead: McGraw-Hill.
- Bloisi, W, Cook, C. & Hunsaker, P. (2003) Management and Organisational Behaviour, Maidenhead: McGraw-Hill.
- External examining
- Quality reviews.
Dr. Wendy Bloisi
Head of Academic Partnerships