Dr Wendy Bloisi is the Head of Academic Partnerships at London Metropolitan University
Dr Wendy Bloisi
Wendy is currently the Head of Academic Partnerships at London Metropolitan University and is responsible for developing new partners and maintaining existing partnerships. She has managed projects operating internationally in Germany, Thailand, Italy, Spain, Greece, Netherlands, China, Nepal, Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates, Ghana, Russia, Vietnam, Iran and Singapore.
Wendy has contributed to the teaching and development of numerous courses both at postgraduate and undergraduate level and has developed modules and courses in organisational behaviour, management, human resource management, entrepreneurship and research methods. She has led successful reviews and validations for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses for the School of Business and Law both in the UK and internationally. Wendy also chaired numerous validation panels for the Academic Quality Development Department of the University and has been an external reviewer for the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
Wendy has written two text books which support her academic teaching, both of which have an international reputation: “Management and Organisational Behaviour” and “An Introduction to Human Resource Management”, published by McGraw-Hill.
- Bloisi, W. (in press) Researching sensitive subjects in hidden groups: The case of chefs and bullying at work
- Messenger, H. and Bloisi, W. (2020) Experience, Skill and Competence: Boundary Spanning Capabilities for Leadership and Management of Transnational Education, Leadership strategies for Promoting social responsibility in Higher Education Innovations in Higher Education teaching and Learning, Volume 24, 141–160
- Bloisi, W. and Hargy, V. (2020) Sustainable Development – Importing university education to Nepal to raise standards and transform lives in Tsiligiris,V., Lawton, W. and Hill, C., Eds (2020) , Importing Transnational Education: Capacity Building, Student Experience, and Sustainable Development, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Bloisi, W (2018) Bullying and Negative Behaviour in the Hospitality Industry in Nuances of Workplace Bullying, Emotional Abuse and Harassment Vis-À-Vis Particular Occupations, Professions and Sectors, Springer
- Bloisi, W. (2018) Case study 11, Transnational Education: Global Location, Local Innovation: A Report Produced for Universities UK International, October 2018 p.34 ISBN 978-1-84036-411-8
- Messenger, H. Warren, D and Bloisi, W. (2016) Home and Away: a case study analysis of a learning and teaching programme supporting the development of a ‘transformative’ partnership with a private HEI in Sri Lanka, IHETL Volume 7, University Partnerships for Academic Program and Professional Development
- Bloisi, W., Hoel, H and Zapf. (2012) Dishing up abuse: The socialisation process in the normalisation of abusive work practices in commercial kitchens, International Journal of Hospitality Management (In Press)
- Bloisi, W and Hoel, H. (2008) The Expectation of Abusive Work Practices and Bullying Among chefs: A review of the literature, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 27 (4), 649-656.
- Bloisi, W. (2007) Introduction to Human Resource Management, Maidenhead: McGraw-Hill.
- Bloisi, W. Cook, C and Hunsaker, P (2007) Management and Organisational Behaviour, 2nd Edition, Maidenhead: McGraw-Hill.
- Bloisi, W, Cook, C. & Hunsaker, P. (2003) Management and Organisational Behaviour, Maidenhead: McGraw-Hill.