Sharmila Savani is a Senior Lecturer in Marketing at London Metropolitan University. She holds an MSc in Marketing (2006) from Brunel University, Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching & Learning in Higher Education (2002), BA (Hons) Business Studies (2000) and is a Chartered Marketer.
Prior to joining London Met Sharmila gained experience as a business studies Lecturer at a further education college. In addition, she worked as a Customer Account Manager for a pharmaceutical research organisation and also has experience of working as a market research analyst within the foodservice industry.
Sharmila’s key teaching areas have included principles and practice in marketing, brand management, marketing planning and strategy as well as services marketing. She has also supervised undergraduate and postgraduate students within the field of marketing communications.
- ‘Surviving mission drift: How charities can turn dependence on government contract funding to their own advantage’ (with R. Bennett), Nonprofit Management and Leadership, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 217-231, 2011.
- ‘Complaints-handling procedures of human services charities: Prevalence, antecedents, and outcomes of strategic approaches’ (with R. Bennett), Managing Service Quality, Vol. 21, No. 5, pp. 484-510, 2011.
- ‘Sources of new ideas for charity fundraising: An empirical study’ (with R. Bennett), Creativity and Innovation Management, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp.121-138, 2011.
- ‘Retailers’ preparedness for the introduction of the third wave (ubiquitous) computing applications: A survey of UK companies’ (with R. Bennett), International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, Vol. 39, No. 5, pp. 306-325, 2011.
- ‘University marketing directors’ views on the components of a university brand’ (with R. Bennett and R. Ali-Choudhury), International Review on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 11-33, 2009.
- ‘The role of corporate art in the management of corporate identity’ (with R. Kottasz, R. Bennett, and R. Ali-Choudhury), Corporate Communications: An International Journal, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 235-254, 2008.
- ‘Effective strategies for enhancing waste recycling rates in socially deprived areas’ (with R. Bennett and R. Ali-Choudhury), Journal of Customer Behaviour, Vol. 7 - Spring 2008, pp.71-97, 2008.
- ‘The role of corporate art in the management of corporate identity: The case of Deutsche Bank’ (with R. Bennett, R. Kottasz, W. Mousley and R. Ali-Choudhury), International Journal of Arts Management, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 19-31, 2007.
- ‘Managing conflict between marketing and other functions within charitable organisations’ (with R. Bennett), The Leadership & Organization Development Journal, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 180-200, 2004.
- ‘Factors influencing the willingness to donate body parts for transplantation’ (with R. Bennett), Journal of Health & Social Policy, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 61-85, 2004.
- ‘New product development practices of urban regeneration units: A comparative international study’ (with R. Bennett), International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 291-308, 2004.
- ‘Predicting the accuracy of public perceptions of charity performance’ (with R. Bennett), Journal of Targeting, Measurement and Analysis for Marketing, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 326-342, 2003.
- ‘The rebranding of city places: An international comparative investigation’ (with R. Bennett), International Public Management Review, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 70-87, 2003.
Senior Lecturer in Marketing