Dr Qicheng Yu leads modules in data mining, programming for data analytics, e-business and e-commerce, database and web applications development and supervises PhD research students.
Dr Qicheng Yu
Qicheng Yu is a senior lecturer in the School of Computing and Digital Media and holds a PhD in Computing, a PGCLTHE, and a Bsc (Hons).
FHEA - Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Dr Qicheng Yu acts as the Subject Standard Board Chair of Computer Science and Applied Computing and the course leader of Data Analytics MSc and Information Technology (Distance Learning) MSc programmes. He also leads modules in data mining, programming for data analytics, e-business and e-commerce, database and web applications development and supervises PhD research students.
Recent research projects
- Knowledge Management Systems for Coborn Engineering Ltd 2015-17, KTP project academic supervisor
- Web Penetration Testing Automation 2014-18, PhD research project supervisor
- Investigation into the Development of a Framework for Assessing the Effectiveness of E-government Services 2014-17, PhD research project supervisor
- An Agent-based Adaptive Join Algorithm for Data Warehousing 2005-13, PhD research project
Rescaling Fund, London Metropolitan University: £4,000 for the design of data ingestion pipeline for empowering London.
- Web Service Based Grid Workflow Application in Quantitative Remote Sensing Retrieval, IEEE/IGARSS 2014.
- Teaching Oracle Data Miner using Virtual Machine, Teaching, Learning and Assessment of Databases Conference 2011.
- An Agent-Based Adaptive Join Algorithm for Distributed Data Warehousing, IEEE Xplore Digital Library 2009
Room: T10-03, Tower Building
Phone: +44 (0)20 7133 3674