Dr Bax is the principal lecturer for the School of Human Sciences' Quality Management and Enhancement, Preparatory Year.
Dr Chris Bax
Dr Chris Bax is a principal lecturer for Quality Management and Enhancement; Preparatory Year, and specialises in cancer pharmacology. He holds the following qualifications: BSc (Hons) Pharmacology (Bath); PhD (London), and is a member of these professional bodies: the Royal Society of Biology (Fellow), Higher Education Academy (Fellow) and the British Pharmacological Society.
Dr Bax is the course leader for:
- Biochemistry Extended Degree BSc (Hons)
- Biological Sciences Extended Degree BSc (Hons)
- Biomedical Science Extended Degree BSc (Hons)
- Cancer Pharmacology MSc
- Chemistry Extended Degree BSc (Hons)
- Forensic Science Extended Degree BSc (Hons)
- Human Nutrition Extended Degree BSc (Hons)
- Medical Bioscience Extended Degree BSc (Hons)
- Pharmaceutical Science Extended Degree BSc (Hons)
- Pharmacology BSc (Hons)
- Pharmacology Extended Degree BSc (Hons)
- Sciences Extended Degree (Biology, Chemistry, Health, Psychology) BSc (Hons)
- Sports Science Extended Degree BSc (Hons)
- Sports Therapy Extended Degree BSc (Hons)
Dr Bax has published extensively, with 30 peer-reviewed publications and five book chapters.
- Jacoby J.C., Heugh, S, Bax, C. & Branford-White, C. (2014). Enhancing learning through formative assessment. Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 51:1, 72-83.
- Bax C., Baggott G., Howey E., Pellet-Many C., Rayne R., Neonaki M., Bax B.E., Branford White, C. (2006). Evaluation of Formative Computer-based Assessment by Cell Biology Students with Differing Entry Qualifications and Ethnicity. Bioscience Education e-Journal 8.
- Bax, C.M.R., Davies, S., Chatzaki, E., Butler, S.A. and Iles, R.K. (2003). Role of glycoprotein hormones in endometrial cancer. In: Cell and Molecular Biology of Endometrial Carcinoma, Eds Kuramoto, H. and Nishida, M., Springer-Verlag, Tokyo.
- Davies, S., Bax, C.M.R., Chatzaki, E., Chard, T. and Iles, K. (2000). Regulation of endometrial cancer cell growth by luteinising hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). British Journal of Cancer, 83 (12); 1730-1734.
- Bloxam, D.L., Bax, C.M.R. and Bax, B.E. (1997). Culture of syncytiotrophoblast for the study of human placental transfer. Part I: isolation and purification of cytotrophoblast. Placenta, 18, 93-98.
- Chatzaki, E., Bax, C.M.R., Eidne, K., Anderson, L., Grudzinskas, J.G. and Gallagher, C.J. (1996). The expression of gonadotropin-releasing hormone and its receptor in endometrial cancer and its relevance as an autocrine growth factor. Cancer Research, 56, 2059-2065.
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7133 2044
Room T12-01, Tower Building
London Metropolitan University
166-220 Holloway Road
London N7 8DB