Bruno is a pharmacist who moved from Lisbon to London in order to pursue a PhD in Medicinal Organic Chemistry, after receiving his 6-year PharmD degree from the Egas Moniz Higher Institute of Health Sciences (ISCSEM). After being granted his doctorate diploma from University College London (UCL), Bruno established his career as a postdoctoral research fellow in different research groups.
His work has led to the translation of knowledge between the fields of pharmaceutics, chemistry and new emerging technologies (ie additive manufacturing). Bruno has gained valuable pharmaceutical industry experience working for companies such as Recipharm and GlaxoSmithKline. He still keeps close ties with the latter as an associate researcher for the UCL Skin Research Group and member of the editorial board for the International Journal of Cosmetic Science. Bruno continues to collaborate with these prestigious landmarks in topical and transdermal drug development.
- Pharmaceutical science
- Topical and transdermal drug delivery systems
- Medicinal organic chemistry
- ASM Monjur Al Hossain, Bruno Sil Dos Santos, Fotis Iliopoulos, Rebecca Lever, Jonathan Hadgraft, Majella E. Lane; Preparation, characterisation and topical delivery of terbinafine, Pharmaceutics
- Chin-Ping Kung, Bruno C Sil, Jonathan Hadgraft, Majella E. Lane, Bhumik Patel, Renée McCulloch; Preparation, Characterization and Dermal Delivery of Methadone, Pharmaceutics
- Yanling Zhang, Bruno C. Sil, Chin-Ping Kung, Jonathan Hadgraft, Michael Heinrich, Balint Sinko, Majella E. Lane; Characterization and topical delivery of phenylethyl resorcinol, International Journal of Cosmetic Science
- Christopher Asquith, Bruno Sil dos Santos, Tuomo Laitinen, Graham Tizzard, Simon Coles, Antti Poso, Regina Hofmann-Lehmann, Stephen Hilton; Novel Epidithiodiketopiperazines as anti-viral zinc ejectors of the Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) nucleocapsid protein as a model for HIV infection, Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry
- Fotis Iliopoulos, Bruno C. Sil, David J. Moore, Robert A. Lucas, Majella E. Lane; 3-O-ethyl-l-ascorbic acid: Characterisation and investigation of single solvent systems for delivery to the skin, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, July 2019
- Bruno C. Sil, Avnish Patel, Jonathan M. Crowther, David J. Moore, Jonathan Hadgraft, Stephen T. Hilton, Majella E. Lane; A Preliminary Investigation of Additive Manufacture to Fabricate Human Nail Plate Surrogates for Pharmaceutical Testing, Pharmaceutics
- Bruno C. Sil, Miguel P. Alvarez, Yanling Zhang, Chin‐Ping Kung, Monjur Hossain, Fotis Iliopoulos, Lin Luo, Jonathan M. Crowther, David J. Moore, Jonathan Hadgraft, M. E. Lane, Stephen T. Hilton; 3D‐printed Franz type diffusion cells, International Journal of Cosmetic Science
- C. Sil, D. J. Moore, M. E. Lane; Use of LC-MS analysis to elucidate by-products of niacinamide transformation following in vitro skin permeation studies, International Journal of Cosmetic Science, 1–5
- Jing Li, Yaru Zhang, Bruno Da Silva Sil Dos Santos, Feng Wang, Yuyong Ma, Christian Perez, Yanling Yang, Junmin Peng, Seth M. Cohen, Tsui-Fen Chou, Stephen T. Hilton, Raymond J. Deshaies; Epidithiodiketopiperazines Inhibit Protein Degradation by Targeting Proteasome Deubiquitinase Rpn11, Cell Chemical Biology, 25, 1–9
- Patent PCT/GB2017/050685, Three-dimensional printing of impregnated plastics for chemical reactions. December 2017.
- Penny, Matthew; Cao, Zi Jing; Patel, Bhaven; Sil dos Santos, Bruno; Asquith, Christopher; Szulc, Blanka; Rao, Zenobia; Muwaffak, Zaid; Hilton, Stephen; Malkinson, John; 3D Printing of a Scalable Molecular Model and Orbital Kit for Organic Chemistry Teaching and Learning, J. Chem. Educ., 2017, 94 (9), pp 1265–1271
- Tasnuva Haque, Bruno C. Sil, Majella E. Lane, Jonathan M. Crowther, David J. Moore; In vitro permeation and disposition of niacinamide in silicone and porcine skin of skin barrier-mimetic formulations, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, Volume 520, Issues 1–2, Pages 158-162, ISSN 0378-5173
- Blanka R. Szulc, Bruno C. Sil, A. Ruiz and Stephen T. Hilton, A Common Precursor Approach to Structurally Diverse Natural Products: The Synthesis of the Core Structure of (±)-Clausenamide and the Total Synthesis of (±)-Hyalodendrin, ChemInform Abstract, 47
- Blanka R. Szulc, Bruno C. Sil, A. Ruiz and Stephen T. Hilton, A Common Precursor Approach to Structurally Diverse Natural Products: The Synthesis of the Core Structure of (±)-Clausenamide and the Total Synthesis of (±)-Hyalodendrin, European Journal of Organic Chemistry, Volume 2015, Issue 34, December 2015, pages 7438–7442
- Sil, S.T. Hilton, A Mild and Convenient Base Catalysed Approach to Disubstituted Epidithiodiketopiperazines, ChemInform Abstract, 45
- 246st ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Indianapolis, Indiana. Abstract accepted and published: B. Sil, S.T. Hilton, ETPs as anticancer agents: Synthesis and biological activity.
- Sil, S.T. Hilton, A Mild and Convenient Base Catalysed Approach to Disubstituted Epidithiodiketopiperazines, SYNLETT, 24 (19) 2563 – 2566 (DOI: 10.1055/s-0033-1340161).
- 241st ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Anaheim, California. Abstracts accepted and published: Bruno Sil, Stephen Hilton. Diversity from Simplicity – A Common Precursor Approach Towards Natural Products Structures.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7133 2151
Room T12-02, Tower Building
London Metropolitan University
166-220 Holloway Road
London N7 8DB