Dr Antía Mato-Bouzas is a Lecturer in Politics and International Relations.
Dr Antía Mato-Bouzas
Antía Mato Bouzas is Lecturer in Politics and International Relations. Before joining London Metropolitan University she was a researcher at Leibniz-Zentrum Moderner Orient (Berlin) and she taught at the department of Political and Social Sciences at Freie Universität, Berlin. Her field of specialization is South Asian politics.
Antía's research has a regional focus on South Asia and the Gulf. Her research interests are on the theme of borders, migration and citizenship. She is affiliated to the Global Diversities and Inequalities Research Centre and to the Leibniz-Zentrum Moderner.
Antia's teaching responsibilities include the modules: 'Global Politics, Economy and Society', and 'Immigrants and Nativists'.
- Mato Bouzas, A. 2019. Kashmir as a Borderland: the politics of space and belonging across the Line of Control (Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press).
- Mato Bouzas, A. 2011. India y Pakistán: Conflicto y Negociación en el Sur de Asia [India and Pakistan: Conflict and Negotiation in South Asia], (Madrid: Biblioteca Nueva).
Selected journal articles, book chapters and working papers
- Mato Bouzas, A. 2018. From the Karakoram Mountains to the Arabian Sea: Migration, Development and Religion in the Making of Transnational Spaces, ZMO Working Papers 21.
- Mato Bouzas, A. 2017. Territorialisation, Ambivalence and Representational Spaces in Gilgit-Baltistan, Transcultural Studies (1), pp. 197–223.
- Mato Bouzas, A. 2017. (B) Ordering and the Politics of Belonging, Saint Antony’s International Review 12 (2), pp. 114–135.
- Mato Bouzas, A. 2016. The Kashmir space: bordering and belonging across the Line of Control, Revista Electrónica de Estudios Internacionales (REEI) 31.
- Mato Bouzas, A. 2014. Space(s) and Place(s) in the Baltistan and Ladakh Disputed Borders, in Tracing Connections: Explorations of Places and Spaces in Asian Multilocalities, eds. Henryk Alff, Andreas Benz (Berlin: Wvb), 91–108.
- Mato Bouzas, A. 2013. Securitization and Development as Modes of Peripheralization in North-Eastern Pakistan,” in Peripheralization: The Making of Spatial Dependencies and Social Injustice, eds. Andrea Fisher-Tahir and Matthias Naumann (Berlin: Springer), 77–98.
- Mato Bouzas, A. 2012. Mixed Legacies in Contested Borderlands: Skardu and the Kashmir Dispute, Geopolitics 17 (4), 867–86. [Reprinted in 2014 Critical Border Studies: Broadening and Deepening the 'Lines in the Sand' Agenda, eds. Noel Parker and Neil Vaughan-Williams (London: Routledge), 141-160.]
Grants, funding and awards
Grant of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) for the project: Emerging Transnational Spaces: Migration and development networks between north-eastern Pakistan and the Gulf' (2017-20)
Antía Mato Bouzas has talked to the media on political issues of India, Pakistan and Kashmir.