Abu is a skilled consultant and Senior lecturer with over 14 years of teaching experience and further seven years of commercial experience in IT. He is confident presenting to both technical and less-skilled audiences, he thrives on new intellectual challenges.
Dr Abu Naser
Abu joined London Metropolitan University as a consultant 2003, as a lecturer in 2005 and at the University of London in 2016. Before joining the University industry, Abu worked as a manager for several organisations like Ford, Granada, Tesco, Command software systems, Corona IT between other multinational organisations.
Abu has taught on various business economics, strategic management, finance, entrepreneurship, leadership and project management modules.
His research interests are interdisciplinary in the areas of strategic and project management, accounting and economics, organisational studies, management information systems and accounting information systems:
- governance in the global market
- factors affecting corporate sustainability
- the implications of organisational activity upon the wider stakeholder environment
- behaviour in the workplace.
- the relationship between financial and economic measures of performance and corporate culture and strategic development
Abu is currently working as a reviewer of several academic journals and he has organised, participated and worked as a chair of several academic conferences.
- Naser, M & Crowther, D (2016) 'Microfinance and Women Empowerment' Corporate Responsibility and Stakeholding Developments in Corporate Governance and Responsibility, Volume 10, 5168 by Emerald Group Publishing Limited. ISSN: 2043-0523/doi:10.1108/S2043-052320160000010004
- Naser, M (2011) 'Microfinance and the elimination of poverty', Faculty of Economics, University of Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Naser, M (2012) 'Creativity and Microfinance, 2nd Organisation Governance Conference'- Rabat, Morocco.
Naser, M., (2013) 'Practical Wisdom Conference' -USA, New Haven, Yale University.
- Naser, M. (2014) 'Motivation and Microfinance', 4nd Organisation Governance Conference, Bucharest University of Economic Studies- Bucharest, Romania.
- Naser, M. & Crowther, D (2015) 'Microfinance and Women empowerment', 5th Organisation Governance & 14th CSR Conference, Kirklareli University, Turkey.
- Naser, M.(2016) 'Cryptocurrency and Microfinance' 6th Organisation Governance & 15th CSR Conference, Federation University, Melbourne, Australia. ISSN- 2048-0806
- Naser, M., (2016) 'The impact of Brexit on foreign investment in the UK' November 2016, Tokyo. Invitation and sponsorship from German Chamber of Commerce. Presentation delivered to Japanese investors.
- Naser, M. (2018) 'Major technologies and its effect on transformation of financial services' 8th Organisation Governance & 17th CSR Conference, Garden City University, Bangalore , India.
- Muntianu, E. & Naser, M. (2018) 'Tiles and ceramics – personal signatures of brand image' 8th Organisation Governance & 17th CSR Conference, Garden City University, Bangalore , India.
- Muntianu, M. Naser, M.(2018) 'The impact of the zero-hours contracts on social inclusion of Romanian migrants in London’ 8th Organisation Governance & 17th CSR Conference, Garden City University, Bangalore , India.
- Modog, L. & Naser, M.(2018) 'The impact of substantial cuts in police budgets in the UK' 8th Organisation Governance & 17th CSR Conference, Garden City University, Bangalore , India
Naser, M., Moyeen, A., Kamal, S.& Yousuf, M. (2017) ’A Content analysis of CSR Research in Hotel Industry’ 7th Organisation Governance & 16th CSR Conference, University of Derby, Buxton, UK.
Abu worked as a business consultant with several private and government organisations. He has built up a loss-making company to a reasonably profitable business incorporating international development through direct sales and successful ventures.
Dr M.Abu Naser
Course Leader for Accounting and Finance (Extended Degree)