Dr Jonathan Iworiso is a Lecturer in Mathematics and Statistics for the School of Computing and Digital Media at London Met.
Dr Jonathan Iworiso holds a Mathematics/Statistics BSc (Hons) from the University of Calabar, an MSc in Statistics and Data Analysis and a PhD in Statistics with a specialisation in Machine Learning and Deep Learning Techniques at the University of Essex. He has over eight years of teaching and research experience in the higher education sector. Jonathan's academic knowledge and teaching experience were gained at the University of Calabar, Federal University Otuoke and the University of Essex.
- Computational Statistics
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining
- Scientific Computing
- Data Science
- Big Data
- Data Analysis and Financial Mathematics
- Statistical Modelling and Forecasting
- Financial Mathematics
- Logic and Problem Solving (Discrete Mathematics)
Jonathan's duties include module leadership, lecture delivery, research, scholarship, tutoring of courses, marking, evaluation, assessment and feedback, students’ mentoring, pastoral care and in-depth support, work-related projects coordination, project supervision, active participation in course area committees as well as University open days.
Iworiso, J. & Vrontos, S. (2019). On the Directional Predictability of Equity Premium Using Machine Learning Techniques. Journal of Forecasting, 39(3), 449-469.
Iworiso, J. (2020). Multivariate Time Series Analysis to Impact Assessment of Nominal Economic Indicators on Federal Government Revenue and Economic Growth in Nigeria. American Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statistics, 8(3), 69-89.
Iworiso, J. & Vrontos, S. (2021). On the Predictability of the Equity Premium Using Deep Learning Techniques. The Journal of Financial Data Science, 3(1), 74-92.
Iworiso, J. (2021). Post Hoc Analysis of Life Expectancy in West Africa. American Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statistics, 9(2), 57-65.
Adekunle, I. M., Roberts, E. M., Offoha, M. U., Alawode, T. T., Adekunle, A. A., Ilesanmi, B., Adeleke, J.A., Udo, I.I. & Iworiso, J. (2013). Green Energy Solutions in Nigeria: Merits, Challenges and Way forward. Regional Conference of the International Network of Women Scientists and Engineers, Nairobi, Kenya.
- October 2016 – October 2019: Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND) sponsorship awarded by the Federal Government of Nigeria to study PhD degree in Statistics at the University of Essex, UK – £92,000.00
- October 2016 – October 2019: Proficio Funding granted by University of Essex, to facilitate research and active participation in international conferences - £2,000.00
- October 2016 – October 2019: Department of Mathematical Sciences Funding granted to facilitate publication of articles in peer-reviewed journals - £1,000.00
- October 2014 – September 2015: Presidential Scholarship awarded by the Presidency Federal Republic of Nigeria to study MSc degree in Statistics and Data Analysis at the University of Essex, UK – £28,900.00
- January 2013: Project Grant, awarded by Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) - $34,000.00
Module leadership, lecture deliveries, scholarship, innovative teaching, development of new modules, curriculum development, course advisor, seminar co-ordination, continuing professional development (CPD), other appropriate administrative and management responsibilities.
Dr Jonathan Iworiso
Lecturer in Mathematics and Statistics