The studio won funding to host a further series of events.
Date: 16 February 2014
Following Architecture Studio 3's successful series of events in December 2013, the studio won funding to host a further series of events along with Hillingdon Play Association at the Austin Estate, Hayes.
This is the second of a series of three events to develop their 'Conversation Kits' - furniture size objects to initiate 'conversations' with residents.
The events that are a result of the previous interactions with the 'Conversation Kits' inlclude:
- 'Austin Estate's Band' - A roaming band of instruments made by Austin Estate residents
- 'Austin's Jukebox' - Record requests will be collected to play on Hayes FM
- 'Austin's Noticeboard' - A physical and virtual noticeboard for the Austin Community
- 'Mobile Storytelling' - with Hayes Library
- 'Gardening Workshop' - with a gardening expert
- 'Photographer's Studio' - Portraits of Austin Residents
These events inform the brief for the a new community space on the Austin Estate, to be designed by Architecture Studio 3 next Semester.
The events are being held jointly with Hillingdon Play Association, and have been funded by a Hillingdon Community Trust grant.
Studio 3 is the Live Projects Studio, this year continuing work in Hayes on the Austin Estate.
The events form part of a series which started last academic year.