London Met student performs alongside world-renowned orchestra
Dina Hamad, a student at London Metropolitan University, was invited to perform alongside one of the world’s most prestigious orchestras.
Date: 19 April 2018
Established in 1923, Sarajevska Filharmonija is considered one of the most established orchestras in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
“It was a huge pleasure to have this opportunity and to play with such an amazing musicians,” Dina said, who played the harp at the monthly concert which was held on 19-26 March in Bosnia.
“I believe that every musician has to learn how to connect and to work with people in an orchestra. Practicing is really important.”
She performed the following pieces of music:
- Igor Stravinsky - Petrouchka and The Firebird
- Richard Strauss - Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme
- Salome, Bela Bartok - The Miraculous Mandarin
- Violin Concerto, Richard Wagner - Tannhauser
- Hector Berlioz - Harold in Italy
- Alberto Ginastera – Variaciones Concertantes
Dina was invited to take part in the orchestra after posting two videos online of her performing Aria and Rigaudon by Gottfried Kirchhoff/Marcel Grandjan and Shorohi by Cekki.