Please note: This information is provided as a guide only. Some courses may have specialised entry requirements that are listed on the relevant course page. Please check for any additional subject/course specific requirements before submitting your application.

Academic entry requirements

Type of course


Undergraduate For qualifications obtained after 1999: (Diploma de) Esame di Stato with an overall mark of at least 70% (out of 100)
For qualifications obtained up until 1998/9: Maturita with an overall final mark of between 60 (highest mark) and 45
Four-year degree including a foundation year Students who fall slightly below the standard requirements for an undergraduate course may be considered for an available or appropriate foundation year degree programme.

Any one of the following qualifications:

  • LaureaSpecialista
  • Diploma di Laurea
  • Curso di Laurea (prior to 1999)
  • Licenza di Accademia di Belle Arti
  • Bachelor
  • Diploma Universitario 

An overall mark of 100 out of 110 is required.

International Foundation Programme

For qualifications obtained after 1999: Diploma de Esame di Stato with an aggregate grade of 60 to 69
For qualifications obtained up until 1998/9: Maturita with a grade between 46 and 40

Mathematics and English requirements



English Applicants who require a student visa must provide a Secured English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS or Pearson PTE Academic qualification. Please see our English language requirements.
Mathematics (if applicable to your course) 60% in Esame di Stato

Applying from Italy

Everything you need to know about applying to study with us from France, including details on how you can meet us in your own country, get in touch with local representatives and hear from our Italian alumni about their London Met experience.

Find out more

Additional information

‌ENIC and accreditation

UK ENIC offers a variety of services on the comparability of qualifications from overseas. These services have been designed to help migrants coming to the UK to work or study and who are applying through the UK’s points based system for immigration. Take a look at the Statement of Comparability from ENIC. 

Providing your qualifications

Please be sure you're able to provide copies of official certificates of any qualifications you have taken when you make your application (please do not send us your original certificates). If any of your certificates or supporting documents (transcripts) are in a non-English language you will need to provide certified English translations alongside any official copies.