Hong Kong

Please note: This information is provided as a guide only. Some courses may have specialised entry requirements that are listed on the relevant course page. Please check for any additional subject/course specific requirements before submitting your application.

Academic entry requirements

Type of course



A completed Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)

Please refer to course information pages for course UCAS point entry requirement.

Four-year degree including a foundation year

Students who fall slightly below the standard requirements for an undergraduate course may be considered for an available or appropriate foundation year degree programme.


A completed bachelor's degree from a recognised institution. Grade: Minimum classification of 2:2 or above. 

International Foundation Programme A completed Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE). Please refer to course information pages for course UCAS point entry requirement.

Students after secondary 5 with 50% (pass) in both years 4 and 5 and 55% in specialised subject.

Mathematics and English requirements



English Non-EEA nationals who require a Tier 4 student visa must provide a Secured English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS or Pearson PTE Academic qualification. Please see our English language requirements.
Mathematics (if applicable to your course) A pass in Mathematics on the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE). Grade 2 or above.  

Applying from Hong Kong

Everything you need to know about applying to study with us from Hong Kong, including details on how you can meet us in your own country, get in touch with local representatives and hear from our Hong Kongese alumni about their London Met experience.

Find out more 

Additional information

‌ENIC and accreditation

UK ENIC offers a variety of services on the comparability of qualifications from overseas. These services have been designed to help migrants coming to the UK to work or study and who are applying through the UK’s points based system for immigration. Take a look at the Statement of Comparability from ENIC. 

Providing your qualifications

Please be sure you're able to provide copies of official certificates of any qualifications you have taken when you make your application (please do not send us your original certificates). If any of your certificates or supporting documents (transcripts) are in a non-English language you will need to provide certified English translations alongside any official copies.