Why study this course?
The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualifications are professional courses for those already working or wanting to work in the procurement and supply industry. The range of qualification levels means these courses are suitable for those who are new to the industry, as well as those in senior positions looking to progress through management roles.
As a recognised CIPS 'Centre of Excellence' since 1999, we take pride in delivering high quality courses that are flexible in approach and taught by specialist consultants with extensive industry experience.
CIPS are the largest organisation dedicated to this profession and all their qualifications are internationally recognised.
More about this course
We know that flexibility is important, so our programmes can be built to suit your schedule. You or your employees can choose to study remotely with a personalised learning programme and dedicated support from a tutor as and when you need it, or you can opt to study via blended learning, which includes remote study and full-day workshops.
Widely renowned, CIPS qualifications don’t just benefit junior roles, they can also help senior professionals progress within management positions.
We provide the full range of CIPS qualifications below:
- CIPS Level 2 Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations
- CIPS Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations
- CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply
- CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply
- CIPS Level 6 Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply
These qualifications teach industry-specific skills around key procedures, interpreting specialist information and strategic decisions, helping you or your employees build sound professional knowledge.
Our experienced course managers are on-hand to advise which level would be most suited to you or your employees.
You’ll be assessed via a series of exams. Depending on the qualification level, exams will either be objective response exams (multiple choice) or constructed response exams (written answers).
The pass rate for objective response exams is 70 per cent, and for constructed response exams it’s 50 per cent.
These courses are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
Fees and key informationApply now
Entry requirements vary for each level of qualification and our course managers are best placed to advise of which level is most suitable for you or your employees.
For example, entry onto the CIPS Level 2 Certificate requires no previous experience of the industry or qualifications, but entry onto the CIPS Level 4 Diploma requires either successful completion of the CIPS Level 3 Advanced Certificate or two years’ experience in a business environment.
Who's this course for?
The CIPS qualification is a professional qualification aimed at professionals already working in procurement. Delegates with previous academic experience are advised to consult the CIPS exemption policy with regard to possible exemptions. Advice and support on how to apply for exemptions is available.
All CIPS qualifications are made up of various modules that vary for each level of qualification. These can be found for each qualification below.
The modules for CIPS Level 2 Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations are:
- Introducing procurement and supply (core)
- Procurement and supply operations (core)
- Stakeholder relationships (core)
- System technology (core)
- Inventory, logistics and expediting (core)
The modules for CIPS Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations are:
- Procurement and supply operations (core)
- Ethical procurement and supply (core)
- Contract administration (core)
- Team dynamics and change (core)
- Socially responsible procurement (elective)
- Socially responsible warehousing and distribution (elective)
The modules for CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply are:
- Scope and influence of procurement and supply (core)
- Defining business need (core)
- Commercial contracting (core)
- Ethical and responsible sourcing (core)
- Commercial negotiation (core)
- Supplier relationships (core)
- Whole life asset management (core)
- Procurement and supply in practise (core)
The modules for CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply are:
- Managing teams and individuals (core)
- Managing supply chain risk (core)
- Managing contractual risk (core)
- Advanced contract and financial management (core)
- Managing ethical procurement and supply (core)
- Category management (elective)
- Achieving competitive advantage through the supply chain (elective)
- Project and change management (elective)
- Operation management (elective)
- Logistics management (elective)
- Advanced negotiation (elective)
The modules for CIPS Level 6 Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply are:
- Strategic ethical leadership (core)
- Global commercial strategy (core)
- Global strategic supply chain management (core)
- Future strategic challenges for the profession (core)
- Strategic programme leadership (elective)
- Commercial data management (elective)
- Innovation in procurement and supply (elective)
- Supply network design (elective)
- Global logistics strategy (elective)
Where this course can take you
Each level will increase your or your employees’ understanding and competency in procurement and supply, and you can decide if you’d like to move onto the next level of the CIPS qualifications.
How to apply
Apply for this course
Please select when you would like to start: